Manufacturing Engineer - Weekend 1st Shift
Location: Osceola, Wisconsin US
Job Number: 5052
Requisition Number: R5266
At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging
assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we
are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to Think Outside.
Job Description Summary:
Responsible for establishing and implementing the most cost-efficient methods for assembling engines and drivetrain components along with leading and implementing key manufacturing projects by focusing on Safety, Quality, Delivery, Productivity and Cost metrics on the weekend 1st shift. These initiatives & projects require the use of Lean manufacturing principles to implement and sustain key processes and procedures to enable facility success.
This is a full time 1st shift weekend (Friday thru Sunday, 12+ hr shift) position
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- This position focuses on supporting & continuously improving the Osceola manufacturing facility.
- No direct responsibility for any given area of the facility but responsible for maximizing process & equipment uptime and successfully implementing projects on time and on budget while maximizing project value
- Requires a broad understanding of manufacturing including:
- High mechanical & electrical aptitude
- Standard processes and procedures
- Tool & fixture design
- Assembly equipment design & maintenance
- Lean manufacturing methods and processes
- Potential to participate on cross functional teams as needed by department or company
- Analyze and recommend improvement to manufacturing processes.
Skills & Knowledge:
- B.S. in Mechanical, Manufacturing, Industrial, or Electrical Engineering is required.
- 2+ Years of manufacturing experience is required, preferably in assembly related manufacturing processes.
- Strong organizational, communication, and leadership skills.
- Able to communicate with various positions through verbal and written communication
- Strong project management skills
- Proficiency with PC's & MS Office applications
- Experience with Allen Bradley PLCs and related equipment is a plus
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to Think Outside. Apply today!
As the global leader in Powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2020 sales of $7.0 billion, Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments, and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Manufacturing Engineer - Weekend 1st Shift
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Osceola, Wisconsin US