Generalist, HR - Gov & Defense/GAM
Location: Medina, Minnesota US
Job Number: 5055
Requisition Number: R4783
At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging
assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we
are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to Think Outside.
The BU HR Generalist provides day to day and strategic HR support to the Government & Defense business unit of Polaris. This role directly helps the organization achieve business and department goals and objectives. This role will partner with central HR teams to achieve HR functional excellence with emphasis on organizational planning and talent acquisition to support business growth and talent management strategy.
This role also has exposure to acquisition/integration activities in the US as well as Europe.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Business Unit Support:
- Business partner and advisor to business unit Vice President, leaders, managers and employees to support execution of business and employee goals and objectives.
- Maintain visibility and active presence in Gov & Defense team, providing daily support and communication. Active participant in staff meetings.
- Talent manager for business unit including identification of talent needs, organizational design, and talent acquisition with the end game of building world class teams with bench strength.
- Develop and execute annual HR plan that address client HR issues and priorities, high potential employee development, leadership succession planning, and other desired organizational changes.
- Achieve and maintain positive employee relations climate, high employee engagement, and employer of choice status.
- Partner with central HR teams to ensure HR functional excellence in core processes such as compensation and benefits administration, talent acquisition, and organizational development.
- Support high potential college campus recruiting and talent development rotation programs for corporate functions.
- 60 employees (1 VP, 2 C1, 11 C2, and the rest D/EN)
Global Adjacent Markets (GAM) Support
- Own monthly GAM MOR metrics and scorecard, consolidating and aligning metrics across GAM GBUs (Commercial US, Gov & Def, Commercial EMEA)
- Own TA/Recruiting metrics and reporting, driving Time-to-Fill and other metrics for GAM
- Be the POC for early talent programs, developing strategy, openings, and administration of DP and IP programs
- Represent GAM in central processes including talent councils, steering teams, and functional forums (Marketing Town Halls, Engineering OTRs, etc.)
- Significant HRIS work as we frequently reconcile various reporting systems and reports for Workday and Non-Workday populations
- Frequent visibility to upper leadership
Skills and Knowledge
- Bachelors degree in HR or related field plus a minimum of 2-3 years relevant experience required, &/or Masters degree with experience in HR rotation or development program.
- Intellectually curious, fast learner, willingness to accept new challenges.
- Strong customer service mindset
- Experience with HRIS systems such as Workday, ADP, etc.. preferred. Proficiency with Microsoft Office apps such as Excel, PowerPoint, etc. required.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills.
- Confident thought leader and decision maker with courage to challenge others.
- Results driven individual capable of high level of execution.
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to Think Outside. Apply today!
As the global leader in Powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2020 sales of $7.0 billion, Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments, and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Generalist, HR - Gov & Defense/GAM
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Medina, Minnesota US