Powertrain Development Technician
Location: Wyoming, Minnesota US
Job Number: 5082
Requisition Number: R5143
At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to Think Outside.
Support Polaris Powertrain Development in the engine development laboratory. Collaborate with a passionate team of experts to develop/test new powertrain technologies in the dynamometer/test lab, and ensure their seamless integration into the vehicle. Daily tasks will be performing engine builds, engine preparation for dynamometer testing, engine instrumentation, light fabrication, and chassis dynamometer testing.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Setup and update test engine hardware for dyno testing - instrument engine as specified.
- Setup and operate data acquisition and associated software.
- Disassemble and reassemble engines and other powertrain system hardware.
- Operate chassis and engine dynamometers.
- Responsible for the quality and integrity of data generated.
- Create, maintain and improve test processes and procedures.
- Maintain a well-organized clean work area that meets OSHA requirements and 5S Methods.
- Update powertrain hardware on development vehicles as needed.
- Occasional field development trip support,
- Maintain strict confidentiality.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
- Critical Technical Requirements
- Technical degree related to engines and/or minimum of 3 years of experience with high performance small engines.
- Attention to detail. Process oriented.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Excellent understanding of internal combustion engines and fuel injection systems.
- Experience assembling, disassembling, blueprinting engines.
- Thorough electrical and mechanical troubleshooting/diagnosing skillset.
- Desirable Technical Skills
- Experience with vehicle electrical systems, wiring, reading schematics.
- Fabrication, machining, welding, soldering, brazing, fiberglass skills.
- Familiarity with blueprinting engines and comprehensive teardown inspections.
- Understanding of dynamometer testing.
- Fast paced testing in a laboratory environment
- Working around machinery, vehicles, moving parts, and hazardous chemicals
- Ability to lift 70lbs
- Ability to obtain Motorcycle Endorsement if not already endorsed
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to Think Outside. Apply today!
As the global leader in Powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2020 sales of $7.0 billion, Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments, and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Powertrain Development Technician
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Wyoming, Minnesota US