Supplier Development Engineer
Location: Brooklyn Park, Minnesota US
Job Number: 5096
Requisition Number: R5435
At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging
assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we
are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to Think Outside.
Responsible for applying diversified technical knowledge of Quality, Operations and Engineering and exercising acumen of Supply Chain Management to improve the performance (Price, Delivery and Quality) of the Polaris Global Supply Chain.
- Responsible for conducting quality, manufacturing and production capacity assessments.
- Execute root cause problem solving & corrective/preventative action (CAPA).
- Facilitate risk management & mitigation, improvement events & supplier training.
- Responsible for development & presentation of executive summaries & supplier scorecards.
- Responsible for development & innovation of quality core processes (standard work).
- Responsible for onboarding of new suppliers and support of the Supplier Continuous Improvement Program (SCIP) which involves the long-term strategic development of suppliers with performance that is below expectations.
- Travel and be onsite at supplier facility for audits (onboarding new suppliers) or for problem solving (SCIP).
Desired Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Engineering Degree and relevant full-time Work Experience in Quality and/or Operations that meet the following minimum requirements: BS Degree with 4 years of work experience or MS Degree with 2 years of work experience.
- APICS Certified Supply Chain Professional (CSCP) preferred
- Experience applying Quality Core Toolset: Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP), Production Part Approval Process (PPAP), Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (FMEA), Statistical Process Control (SPC) and Measurement System Analysis (MSA) for supplier development.
- Experience applying Quality Management System (QMS) Assessment (IATF 16949 and/or VDA 6.3) to perform root cause evaluation and implement corrective actions.
- Experience applying Technical Problem-Solving Skills, including: Six Sigma, Kepner-Tregoe, Shainin Red X to assist suppliers with identifying root cause and implementing corrective actions.
- Diverse Process Experience with multiple Vehicle Component Commodities, including: Cast/Machine Parts, Chrome, Drivetrain, Electrical, Engine, Fabrications, Plastics, Rubber, and/or User Interface.
- Experience working cross-functionally to execute New Product Introduction (NPI) using a Stage Gate Process.
- Experience applying statistical analysis (ex: advanced Excel modeling and Minitab) to evaluate supplier performance.
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written). Must be proficient with documenting and conveying technical information.
- Ability to establish collaborative working relationships cross-functionally internally as well as with a diverse / global supply base.
- Ability to work with and interface with all levels of an organization both internally and externally
- Flexibility to travel as required [up to 30%] to supplier locations both domestic and international.
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to Think Outside. Apply today!
As the global leader in Powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2020 sales of $7.0 billion, Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments, and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
City: Brooklyn Park
Community / Marketing Title: Supplier Development Engineer
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Brooklyn Park, Minnesota US