Electrical System Quality Lead
Location: Wyoming, Minnesota US
Job Number: 5098
Requisition Number: R5409
At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging
assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we
are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to Think Outside.
As an Electrical System Quality Lead working in the Global Electrical, Embedded, & Connected Systems organization you will lead process development to sustainably support excellence in quality and safety of electrical systems across the Global Polaris enterprise. This includes working with cross functional teams and stakeholders (GBUs, CPTs, Quality, Supplier Quality, Purchasing, Manufacturing, etc.) to understand their quality processes and ensure that they adequately account for and anticipate issues across electrical system quality. Processes should incorporate (not replace) current quality systems across the organization. Process definition should comprehend the complexities of power and ground distribution, controls systems, signals & actuators, electric propulsion, IVI, connected systems and autonomous systems and the partnerships and supply relationships supporting them. The Quality Lead should help prioritize quality and safety issues, identify continuous improvements and ensure that there is a closed loop process for those improvements to be incorporated in our product development process. The Electrical System Quality lead with work closely with a Quality Engineer in Bangalore and train them on the processes as necessary.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop comprehensive process for anticipating and identifying quality and safety issues associated with electrical system development (power and ground distribution, controls systems, signals & actuators, electric propulsion, IVI, connected systems and autonomous systems)
- Use problem solving process to help drive corrective actions that will apply learnings across the organization.
- Participate in safety reviews, document results and communicate to appropriate stakeholders
- Work with cross-functional teams to identify potential product safety issues that require additional focus
- Prepare review material for the Safety Quality Review Committee as needed.
- Monitor current data sources to identify trends that require attention.
- Develop processes/standards for continuous improvement as needed.
- Ensure all learnings are communicated to peer teams and captured in technical documentation (ex. HARAs, Design Standards, FMEAs and DVP&Rs)
- Support other initiatives that relate to product quality and safety.
Education, Skills and Knowledge:
- 5+ years in a quality role with specific focus on quality systems
- B.S. in Engineering or Quality systems, preferred
- Electrical system quality experience preferred
- Experience establishing and implementing continuous improvement processes.
- Strong collaboration, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to effectively lead, influence and work in cooperation with cross-functional teams
- Experience in structured problem-solving methods preferred (i.e. 6 Sigma, Red X, 8D).
- Knowledge of quality related tools including, but not limited to HARA, FMEA, SPC, APQP, DOE and Quality Systems.
- 6 sigma black belt training/certification preferred
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to Think Outside. Apply today!
As the global leader in Powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2020 sales of $7.0 billion, Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments, and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Electrical System Quality Lead
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Wyoming, Minnesota US