Fixed Operations Manager
Location: Plymouth, Minnesota US
Job Number: 5152
Requisition Number: R5601
At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging
assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we
are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to Think Outside.
The Fixed Operations Manager is responsible for developing and leading a team of Fixed Operations Specialists across North America while executing the Fixed Operations strategy that measurably improves the dealer profitability, customer retention, owner repurchase and customer experience of participating dealers. The Fixed Operations Manager supports continued development, implementation and sharing of dealer best practices throughout the dealer network to deliver industry-leading customer experiences aligned with Polaris' strategic initiatives including customer obsessed, highly efficient, profitable growth. Manager will coordinate Polaris internal resources across Divisions and aid in aligning with third party training consultants. Equal parts thinker and doer. Position is field based with travel to Minneapolis corporate office.
Increase dealer profitability, customer retention, reengagement and acquisition, owner repurchase and customer experience of by developing a high-performing team of customer-obsessed Fixed Operations Specialists.
Driving Fixed Operations Strategy
- Utilize industry trends to maintain competitive advantage in the marketplace. Manager will need to be at the forefront of new technology, best practices, tools and customer behaviors that will enhance the overall sales and customer experience.
- Advocate and expert on successfully implementing dealer capabilities through specific measurements to improve dealer fixed operations, customer experience and profit.
- Works with key stakeholders to proactively identify and implement innovative new approaches/practices.
- Partners with stakeholders to enhance the customer experience through growth in service and parts sales and operations capabilities within the dealer network.
- Establish dealer best practices to achieve target completion rates of safety and service bulletins.
Team Leadership & Development
- Leads with confidence and by example through a willingness to confront tough issues. Lead and influence major transformational initiatives. Fosters the development of a high performing team, coordinates the deployment of resources, and ensures regular development of employees as experts in their areas of focus.
- Responsible for establishing, maintaining and sharing fixed operations processes and operations acumen and execution to support the achievement of objectives through the Fixed Operations Team.
- Prepare and manage annual operating budget, goals and objectives and monitoring team's performance.
- Manages the process of cascading learnings and best practices through field training and communications, and dealer network wide initiatives to facilitate best practice sharing to affect change.
- Deliver collective safety and quality feedback from dealer network to corporate stakeholders.
- Provide quantitative/qualitative analysis of dealer network service & parts operations performance.
- Continuously seeks knowledge through hands-on experience, formal and informal education, training/seminars, and internal and external networking.
- Bachelor's Degree in business or related field
- Typically requires a minimum of 7 years of experience in related field (OEM or experienced Dealer Manager with service background, Fixed Operations or General Manager)
- 5 years' experience building and managing a remote team
- 5 years' experience working directly with dealership staff, preferably dealership owners and managers
- Strong understanding of dealership profit center operations and dealer financial systems
- Experience implementing corporate level strategy through execution
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products
- Position requires up to 30%-50% travel
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to Think Outside. Apply today!
As the global leader in Powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2020 sales of $7.0 billion, Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments, and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Fixed Operations Manager
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Plymouth, Minnesota US