Government & Defense Design Engineer
Location: Wyoming, Minnesota US
Job Number: 5169
Requisition Number: R5639
At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging
assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we
are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to Think Outside.
The Government and Defense Design Engineer is responsible for leading the design process for Government and Defense vehicles (G&D) from concept to production. This role will support design for existing and new products, help execute the product plan, and provide technical solutions to meet the consumer's needs. This role will focus heavily on vehicle chassis and driveline design and integration.In addition, this role is responsible for identifying and analyzing field issues and providing timely design solutions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES ANDPONSIBILITIES:
• Supports component design, styling, purchasing, and manufacturing to ensure the components are meeting the required specifications.
• Creates specifications, initial concepts, and final designs for Government and Defense vehicle chassis and drivelines.
• Supports the validation and manufacturing strategy from concept through production.
• Ensures designs are meeting the safety, quality, reliability, development schedule, and cost goals set forth by the whole goods and accessory product planning groups.
• Determines the ideal component manufacturing method to ensure overall design, performance, and cost goals are met.
• Completes 3D models, detailed drawings, and the required analysis to produce a manufacturable, high quality product for the end consumer.
• Collaborates with designers and engineers inside and outside the team.
• Prepares preliminary sketches, layout, and/or presentations to aid in the understanding and solutions of engineering problems.
• Performs clearance checks, tolerance stacks, and other analysis to ensure closure systems flawlessly integrate with all of the other components on the vehicle.
• Completes design tasks in the Polaris Release Process (PRS) and ensures their timely release.
• Works closely with vendors for the development of new offerings.
• Leads and participates in design reviews on assigned project to ensure adequate input and involvement.
• Analyze field problems for closure systems and determine corrective actions.
• Performs other miscellaneous project related assignments.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE SKILLS &KNOWLEDGE:
• Required-B.S.M.E. in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent.
•3-5 years related design experience.
• Experience with a 3-D CAD modeling package required, CREO preferred.
• Experience with Finite Element Analysis (FEA) package required, ANSYS preferred.
• Experience using PTC Windchill Product Lifecycle Management software preferred.
• Creation of original design specifications and requirements.
• GD&T, FMEA, dimensional tolerance stack-ups.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Quick learner with high level of ambition and drive.
• Strong people skills, able to work in a team environment.
• Ability to work with domestic and international technology partners.
• Self-starter that thrives in a fast-paced work environment.
• Microsoft software including Excel, Project, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint.
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to Think Outside. Apply today!
As the global leader in Powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2020 sales of $7.0 billion, Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments, and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Government & Defense Design Engineer
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Wyoming, Minnesota US