Director Engineering - Global Engineering Operations
Location: Wyoming, Minnesota US
Job Number: 5173
Requisition Number: R5740
At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging
assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we
are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to Think Outside.
Reporting to the VP, Central Engineering, the Engineering Director will be responsible for fabrication shops, structural and material test labs, additive technology development, plastic and other central material specialists, and manage the relationship with the Global Contract Services engineering team. The Director for Engineering develops and manages the department strategy, planning, and tactical execution to achieve organizational goals.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Effectively guide your teams to support Business Unit Projects and Central Initiatives; defining priorities, driving strategic improvements, and delivering tactical effectiveness.
2. Coordinate and communicate status reports at varying levels: from your direct team to Polaris executives and the Board of Directors.
3. Partner with global business units to identify and execute against differentiating and high growth opportunities.
4. Drive innovation to ensure Polaris' leadership in new vehicles, components and vehicle systems.
5. Motivates, coaches, develops and directs employees to further organizational objectives and promote employee development.
6. Responsible for employee hiring, compensation recommendations, and discipline.
7. Drive operational efficiencies, process discipline and standardization of best practices.
8. Develops, manages, and controls department budget(s); actively participates in the forecasting and budgeting process; identifies current and future trends and implications.
9. Embraces, champions and manages change.
10. Other duties as assigned.
- B.S. degree in Engineering or Physics, MBA or MS-MOT strongly preferred. Minimum 15 years of Engineering.
- Well versed in technology and the global technology landscape strategy.
- Blend of leading R&D technical teams, program management/product launch and complex organizations.
- Experienced in building and managing international teams.
- Strategic thinker with strong personal drive to achieve.
- Effective communicator at all levels of an organization.
- Other Leadership competencies and potential.
WORKING CONDITIONS Fast-paced office environment.
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to Think Outside. Apply today!
As the global leader in Powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2020 sales of $7.0 billion, Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments, and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Director Engineering - Global Engineering Operations
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Wyoming, Minnesota US