Sr. CAE Engineer, Durability (ORV)
Location: Wyoming, Minnesota US
Job Number: 5175
Requisition Number: R5710
At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging
assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we
are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to Think Outside.
Provide insight and technical leadership in the area of durability and lightweight design to support the development of new class leading vehicle solutions at Polaris Industries.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Attribute Engineering; Product support and technology development using commercial CAE software codes in the areas of efficient structural design and durability. Load generation and dynamic response predictions utilizing MBD tools is a plus for this attribute.
Lightweight Design; Design experience and strategy, Design space optimization, Efficient structural design, Plastics composites and new materials, Joining technologies, Industry knowledge.
Test Data Analysis; Understand design performance through test data analysis.
Correlation; Examination of test data to drive correlation and analysis problem set development.
Technical Leadership and Mentoring; Work with small project teams and provide technical leadership in the areas of structural design and durability.
Methods Development; Implementation of customer focused Polaris specific CAE tools and best practices. Automation and continuous improvement.
Early Integration; Apply knowledge and tools to aid architecture selection and target setting early in design.
Planning; Use experience to create and track basic CAE manpower plans for product development.
Stretch Assignments: Work includes exposure to many vehicles and types of problems, including stretch opportunities outside of the core responsibilities. Technology development.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Preferred software skills include: Abaqus, Ansys Workbench, HyperMESH, Optistruct. Data post-processing tools include Hyperview, Glyphworks. Other Software tools are also okay!
- MBD tools (Adams) which incorporate FEA flex bodies to capture dynamic performance is a plus.
- 5 years' experience with advanced numerical problems such as bolted joints, basic durability, advanced durability, fatigue assessment, transient, harmonic, dynamics, loads generation, structural analysis, and durability assessment.
- Knowledgeable in the design of both On Road and Off Road vehicle systems including architecture selection, chassis and suspensions systems, driveline, roll-over protection systems, seat, dash, cab, accessories.
- Experience in the design of chassis and structural components, powertrain, vehicle validation, and durability processes. Additional preferred e xperience with systems engineering, design of experiments, and optimization.
- Durability and advanced fatigue theory knowledge are required, including experience with frequency domain problem sets.
- Powersports knowledge and passion to deliver for the customer.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and negotiating skills.
- Team player, ability to work with several design teams concurrently and across multiple sites. B.S. Engineering required, advanced degree preferred.
- Normal office working conditions.
- Some travel required between Polaris sites.
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to Think Outside. Apply today!
As the global leader in Powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2020 sales of $7.0 billion, Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments, and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Sr. CAE Engineer, Durability (ORV)
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Wyoming, Minnesota US