New Product Launch Manager
Location: Apodaca, Nuevo Leon MX
Job Number: 5178
Requisition Number: R5713
At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to Think Outside.
Manage new vehicle project launches, tracking project cost detail, timing & conformance to vehicle KPC's along with adherence to technical specifications using the Polaris Development Process. Monitor & drive vehicle DFAM from concept to production to achieve program objectives within a specified time schedule and budget.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Represents the organization as the prime technical contact for operations on new product launch vehicle programs to include: assembly process, backshop representation, critical tooling, and recognized manufacturing technical standards and Best Practices.
- Drives and ensure conformance to process and tooling standards across engineering and manufacturing teams. Solid understanding of other groups and functions in order to ensure effective leadership.
- Interacts with senior external personnel on significant technical matters often requiring influencing and coordination between organizations. Builds and leads teams across the matrix through indirect leadership.
- Manage a small team of manufacturing engineers across multiple ongoing projects and potentially manufacturing sites.
- Manages multiple small and large-scale programs and initiatives or technology projects that are 1-3 years in length, with significant overall financial investments
- Provide direction to the product groups based on subject matter expertise in assembly process, tooling, and implementation of process standards considered critical to the future success of the program launch.
- Manages & work cross-functionally with assembly plant and engineering program teams to meet project schedule, cost, quality, durability, performance and reliability requirements; responsible for the overall success of the programs and successful handoff of the program to the assembly plant.
- Manages multiple programs simultaneously using the Polaris Development Process (PDP) and NPI Launch Tools, ensuring that all requirements are clearly defined, documented, and achieved; manages programs through a gated process.
- Manages resources and task assignments within the team; coordinates issue resolution with functional Managers, and/or Assembly Plant Management.
- Motivates the entire team and others affecting the program's success
- Assist functional Managers to plan budgets and forecasts for manpower and expenses
- Coaches, develops, and supervises NPI Engineers and/or EDP's along with Interns as necessary
- Other duties as assigned
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE:
- BS Engineering Degree required, advanced degree in Engineering or Business (MBA) preferred
- 5+ years of manufacturing program leadership or engineering project leadership experience, in similar industry; strong technical background
- Excellent project planning, organization and administrative skills; subject matter expert in the application of project management tools and methodologies
- Ability to understand how program objectives, tools, and resources relate cross-functionally
- Excellent ability to manage by influence with strong leadership skills; able to inspire and guide team members
- Exhibits outstanding interpersonal communication skills (both oral and written communication)
- Ability to directly supervise, lead and mentor others potentially across multiple locations globally
- Demonstrated ability to form business inter-relationships with supporting managers, leaders, and staff
- Decisive and prone to action; must be quality-oriented, customer-focused and driven to succeed
- Ability to work under pressure and maintain a positive attitude
- Dynamic and fast-paced office environment
- 10 - 20+% travel throughout the year, both domestic and internationally
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to Think Outside. Apply today!
As the global leader in Powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2020 sales of $7.0 billion, Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments, and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
State: Nuevo Leon
Community / Marketing Title: New Product Launch Manager
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Apodaca, Nuevo Leon MX