Central Planning Manager
Location: Medina, Minnesota US
Job Number: 5184
Requisition Number: R5757
At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging
assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we
are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to Think Outside.
Responsible for the overall control and movement of materials into the plants. Responsible for all aspects of inventory and material availability of purchased parts.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide leadership and direction to Central Planning Organization.
- Ensure adherence to inventory compliance and procedures.
- Work with other Polaris sites to develop consistent policies and procedures.
- Continually improve performance and service to manufacturing and attain Corporate and Plant goals.
- Support flexible manufacturing methods.
- Supply the vision and guidance to implement pull systems throughout manufacturing and with our supplier base.
- Evaluate manufacturing planning software and recommend improvements.
- Assess training needs and drive for continuous skill improvement in the department.
- Participate in preparation of annual forecasts and establish future pre-production plans.
- Collaborate with Purchasing to continually improve supply chain management.
- Establish and manage departmental budget and assist in the development of long range department goals and objectives.
- Participates with Engineering on new product development.
- Miscellaneous duties
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
- Bachelors degree preferred
- 5+ years materials planning experience
- In-Depth knowledge of AS400 system required
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes.
- Proven leadership and effective communication skills.
- APICS certification a plus
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to Think Outside. Apply today!
As the global leader in Powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2020 sales of $7.0 billion, Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments, and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Central Planning Manager
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Medina, Minnesota US