Manager, Outbound Logistics
Location: Medina, Minnesota US
Job Number: 5185
Requisition Number: R5751
At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging
assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we
are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to Think Outside.
This key position will report directly to the VP, MP&L and is responsible for managing the Outbound transportation and DC network for Polaris in North America, including worldwide finished goods exports. The primary responsibilities include development and implementation of business strategies for Outbound transportation and DC's, supporting all North American dealers. Key performance indicators include on-time ship/delivery, and fulfilment of GBU monthly and quarterly finished goods ship plans. This position will work closely with the logistics team and GBU decision makers to drive cost, quality and service improvements.
- Responsible for operational performance of Polaris North American Outbound WG logistics network
- Responsible for net-cost budget performance of Polaris North American Outbound logistics network
- Implement best-in-class process enabling efficient and cost-effective inbound logistics
- Manage service levels through Implementation of standard operating procedures and KPI's, for all Outbound service providers
- Develop and implement innovative solutions for improved delivery cost and service
- Drive multi-million dollar VIP projects across the logistics network
- Ensure internal customer satisfaction across all Powersports GBU's
- Conduct root-cause analysis where required to resolve quality and service issues
- Align with Finance for Outbound freight budget development and reporting
- 4 year Bachelors degree required, concentration in Supply Chain or business or related discipline preferred.
- 5+ years' experience in logistics/transportation management
- Outbound logistics operational experience
- Demonstrated strong leadership skills in logistics in a global complex manufacturing environment.
- Demonstrated success in developing and implementing logistics VIP initiatives
- Ability to lead and influence people.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills including the ability to collect, structure, analyze and communicate large volumes of complicated data.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills including negotiation and presentation skills with all levels of the organization and its suppliers.
- Proven team player and collaborator
- Strong process orientation
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to Think Outside. Apply today!
As the global leader in Powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2020 sales of $7.0 billion, Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments, and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Manager, Outbound Logistics
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Medina, Minnesota US