Platform Development Technician
Location: Wyoming, Minnesota US
Job Number: 5187
Requisition Number: R5567
At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging
assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we
are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to Think Outside.
JOB SUMMARY: Development and testing for ORV SxS Product Lines. Whole vehicle development with an emphasis on chassis architecture, ergonomics, and overall vehicle performance. Work to ensure that the final product package is optimized to exceed the customer's expectations in the following areas: safety, performance, quality, handling and comfort.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lead the fabrication and assembly of concept and development vehicles.
- Provide guidance on chassis layout and ergonomics.
- Work with engineering to support calibration and development tests.
- Organize and lead development activity in the field.
- Utilize data acquisition loggers to capture information relevant to vehicle performance, calibration, and/or issue resolution.
- Analyze data and report back to engineering team.
- Work with validation engineers to perform and/or support items from the validation plan.
- Perform testing and development as required to resolve product issues.
- Provide feedback to the project team for issue resolution, feature and quality improvements, and cost reductions.
- Support preproduction builds.
- Support quality verification testing.
- Keep good records and write test reports for tests conducted.
- Maintain strict confidentiality.
- Maintain a clean, safe work area and meet OSHA requirements.
- Good self-starter, willing to work overtime as needed.
- Must be willing to travel periodically to do product evaluation and development.
- Able to communicate professionally and drive project to timely completion.
- Perform other miscellaneous duties as required.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
- High school diploma required
- 2-Year degree in technical field preferred
- Basic computer skills required
- Valid driver's license required
- Must be capable of operating ORVs in extreme conditions
- Must be capable of driving trucks with trailers (
- Must be capable of operating fork lifts
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- Powersports experience preferred
- Data acquisition & diagnostic tool experience preferred
- Fabrication & welding preferred
- Minimum 3 years mechanic or technician experience preferred
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to Think Outside. Apply today!
As the global leader in Powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2020 sales of $7.0 billion, Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments, and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Platform Development Technician
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Wyoming, Minnesota US