Weld Quality Technologist
Location: Huntsville, Alabama US
Job Number: 5190
Requisition Number: R5753
At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging
assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we
are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to Think Outside.
QualityTechnologist Job Description
Provide Quality Engineering support for the at least one of the operation teams at Polaris' Huntsville facility. Assignments will involve both proactive and reactive solutions to address quality issues affecting the assigned processes. Will be responsible to manage the quality program of assigned processes and all related aspects.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Participate in or lead cost out activities.
• Support Quality Initiatives and Programs as assigned.
• Coordinate inspection of discrepant or suspect parts or material with supplier or third party when applicable
• Participate or Lead Failure Analysis and Root Cause and Corrective Requests Action Investigations
• Support other QE on quality issues.
• Report process quality metrics
• Communicate process issues/ problems/ concerns to Management.
• Generate special Quality Instructions and/or procedures as needed to contain quality issues or to assist with process validations.
• Develop/ Track internal metrics, identify opportunities for continuous improvement and lead improvement initiatives.
• Perform Six Sigma Measurement System Analysis (MSA/GR&R) and process capability studies. Perform DOE if required.
• Work with production to improve in the use of measurement systems.
• Participate in new product launch teams
• Support internal audits as needed or product transfers.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
• Bachelor of Science in Engineering or related technical field preferred, Bachelor degree required.
• Three (3) or more years of experience in quality or process engineering or an equivalent field required.
• Previous quality experience in automotive or similar assembly experience required.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, manufacturing environment is required.
• Ability to lead technicians in testing and inspection methods for these processes.
• Demonstrated Black Belt level depth of knowledge in Six Sigma methods and tools.
• Experience with measuring systems common to assembly processes including torque and data gathering/reporting required.
• Strong process improvement skills, including PFMEA, Control Plans, RCCA (8D), DOE, Gage R&R, PPAP, blue print reading skills, GD&T, product failure analysis experience, and Quality Management Systems (QMS).
• Experience in the implementation of Lean manufacturing is a plus.
• Leading teams in Six Sigma projects, Black Belt training, or BB certification would be a strong plus.
• Leadership experience with hourly and salaried subordinates.
• Ability to travel for job as required for business need.
• Must be a self-starter and able to work independently without supervision.
Recognized as the leader in the Powersports industry, Polaris Industries prides itself on recognizing and developing top talent to take its people and company to the next level.
Polaris is transforming from a North American based company to a global company with over 8,000 employees in 16 different countries spanning five continents of North America, South America, Europe, Asia, and Australia. Polaris Industries is headquartered just outside of Minneapolis in Medina, Minnesota with annual 2014 sales of $4.5 billion.
Polaris designs, engineers, manufactures and markets innovative, high quality off-road vehicles, including all-terrain vehicles (ATVs) and the Polaris RANGER® and RZR® side-by-side vehicles, snowmobiles, motorcycles and on-road electric/hybrid powered vehicles. Polaris is among the global sales leaders for both snowmobiles and off-road vehicles and has established a presence in the heavyweight cruiser and touring motorcycle market with the Victory® and Indian Motorcycle® and Slingshot brands. Additionally, Polaris continues to invest in the global on-road small electric/hybrid powered vehicle industry with Global Electric Motorcars (GEM), Goupil Industrie SA, Aixam Mega S.A.S., and internally developed vehicles. Polaris enhances the riding experience with a complete line of Polaris Engineered Parts, Accessories and Apparel, Klim branded apparel and ORV accessories under the Kolpin®, Cycle Country® and Pro Armor® brands.
Polaris offers you an opportunity to come on board and make a difference. We offer a competitive salary and a comprehensive relocation package. To round it off, a benefits package that allows you to work hard and play harder.
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to Think Outside. Apply today!
As the global leader in Powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2020 sales of $7.0 billion, Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments, and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Weld Quality Technologist
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Huntsville, Alabama US