Sr. Project Assistant
Location: Wyoming, Minnesota US
Job Number: 5198
Requisition Number: R5821
At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging
assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we
are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to Think Outside.
As part of a central Engineering support team, provide governance over the release of Engineering drawings and the change management process for part attributes by adhering to standard processes to ensure high quality output. As a key role within the Polaris Release System (PRS) and Process, prioritize and execute work list and support requests to release drawings and make centrally-governed item changes accurately and timely in core systems. If you are task-oriented and enjoy independent work, then this is the position for you!
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Document Control Center (DCC): Provide excellent customer support to internal Engineering teams throughout the Product Development Process.
2. Responsible for timely release of Change Notice drawings attached in the Polaris Release System (PRS) and compare Change Notices to subsequent Change Tasks.
3. Audit structure sheets in AS400 that come through in PRS to ensure Bill of Material (BOM) accuracy.
4. Perform maintenance of Item Master records per Change Notices and Requests.
5. Modify Engineering drawings in Creo to ensure compliance with Polaris Drawing Standards.
6. Maintain Item Master records, including, but not limited to item type, item descriptions, structure changes, and part supersessions.
7. Create centrally-governed model numbers, exception numbers, base numbers, dash numbers, internal process numbers, and paint codes for all product groups.
8. Responsible for maintaining confidentiality of all information deemed by the company as confidential.
9. Follow Standard Work Instructions to execute ongoing tasks, such as monthly metrics.
Identify process gaps and lead process improvement initiatives. Work closely with product groups to ensure alignment and represent the DCC team in cross-functional initiatives. Identify and implement new metrics to support DCC, Engineering Ops, and/or our customer base. Perform other miscellaneous duties and team responsibilities as assigned.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & EDUCATION:
1. Two-year Associate's degree or four-year Bachelor's degree preferred.
2. Minimum of three years of work experience required.
3. Highly organized, detail-oriented, and efficient in performing daily tasks.
4. Positive, can-do attitude. Willingness to step beyond job responsibilities to help customers and peers.
5. Good written and verbal communication skills.
6. Ability to work under pressure and prioritize tasks while maintaining the highest level of customer service and quality.
7. Work experience and knowledge with Engineering Drawings, Bill of Materials (BOMs), CAD / Creo, AS400, MAPICS / INFOR, and/or PTC Windchill preferred.
8. Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office Outlook, SharePoint, Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
9. Knowledge and passion for Polaris products preferred.
- Very fast-paced, dynamic
culture in an office environment.
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to Think Outside. Apply today!
As the global leader in Powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2020 sales of $7.0 billion, Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments, and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Sr. Project Assistant
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Wyoming, Minnesota US