Senior Specialist - Consumer Research & Insights
Location: Plymouth, Minnesota US
Job Number: 5218
Requisition Number: R5859
At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging
assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we
are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to Think Outside.
Polaris is looking for an experienced consumer insights professional to join the Off-Road Vehicles (ORV) Consumer Insights team. The Sr. Associate Insights Manager will lead the consumer insights and strategy development needs of two brands within ORV and will have the opportunity to work on a wide variety of both quantitative and qualitative research.
The right candidate will need to have the ability to build close working relationships with multiple teams and research vendors to assess project needs, determine the right research approach, manage and execute projects and effectively communicate actionable insights that help drive action.
There is a lot of opportunity for growth, so the ideal candidate is eager to expand their knowledge in marketing research and has interest in learning the powersports industry.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work collaboratively with Product, Marketing and Design teams to prioritize insights projects and determine research requirements, strategies, and project timelines; develop and deploy research and analysis designs.
- Lead qualitative and quantitative customer research focused on trend identification, market segmentation, brand positioning, and new product development. Design questionnaires and discussion guides as needed.
- Day-to-day management of external research vendors, partners/consultants engaged to execute projects.
- Use business knowledge and critical thinking skills to help direct the interpretation, use, and implications of research to improve business decisions and knowledge base for future strategic planning.
- Leverage communication skills to transfer analysis and insights from research into an effective presentation format, and present findings and recommendations to business partners and senior management.
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously with agility & flexibility (manage timelies, budget, deliverables).
- Collaborate with Senior Manager to develop strategies to recommend priorities for future research and knowledge development.
- Commitment to learn about ORV industry and stay abreast of significant industry research to anticipate emerging topics/ideas.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
- BS/BA degree ( in marketing, business, analytics, consumer research, behavioral science) or other relevant discipline and/or advanced degree program
- 5+ years professional experience in consumer research; product development research preferred.
- Self motivated and able to work effectively in a fast paced culture; Ability to meet ambitious deadlines and deliver high-quality work on schedule, including quickly turning around study plans and reports
- A collaborative mindset that allows you to work across a global organization to build a plan, get alignment, and execute it.
- Strong communication skills; ability to translate data and analysis to compelling and comprehensive narratives, messages, and business cases.
- Exceptional organization skills and a high attention to detail
- Messaging, communication and positioning research experience preferred; international research experience is a plus
- Corporate office environment
- Travel for research projects required; up to 20% at times
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to Think Outside. Apply today!
As the global leader in Powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2020 sales of $7.0 billion, Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments, and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Specialist - Consumer Research & Insights
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Plymouth, Minnesota US