ORV Development Technician - Drivetrain
Location: Wyoming, Minnesota US
Job Number: 5221
Requisition Number: R5724
At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging
assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we
are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to Think Outside.
Research and development for ORV Product Line with a system level focus on the drivetrain (transmission, shafts, and differentials). Build prototypes & evaluate new technologies. Perform tests to optimize system architecture and verify vehicle specifications are met. Work to ensure that the final product package is optimized to exceed the customer's expectations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• System research & development.
• Conduct tests and provide data/reports to system engineers (load/torque data collection, limit tests, NVH, shift effort, ect).
• Build prototypes and evaluate new system technologies.
• Competitive benchmarking.
• Verify overall vehicle calibration performs to program specs. and customer expectations.
• Assist project technicians in advanced techniques pertaining to vehicle systems.
• Organizes and leads development activity in the field.
• Keep good records and write test reports for tests conducted.
• Maintain strict confidentiality.
• Maintain a clean, safe work area and meet OSHA requirements.
• Good self-starter, willing to work overtime as needed.
• Must be willing to travel periodically to do product evaluation and development.
• Able to communicate professionally and drive project to timely completion.
• Perform other miscellaneous duties as required.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
• High school diploma required
• 2-Year degree in technical field preferred
• Basic computer skills required
• Valid drivers license required
• Must be capable of operating ORVs in extreme conditions
• Must be capable of driving trucks with trailers (
• Must be capable of operating fork lifts
• Strong mechanical aptitude
• Powersports experience preferred
• Data acquisition & diagnostic tool experience preferred
• Fabrication & welding preferred
• Minimum 3 years mechanic or technician experience preferred
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to Think Outside. Apply today!
As the global leader in Powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2020 sales of $7.0 billion, Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments, and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: ORV Development Technician - Drivetrain
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Wyoming, Minnesota US