Senior Analyst, Logistics
Location: Medina, Minnesota US
Job Number: 5233
Requisition Number: R5819
At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging
assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we
are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to Think Outside.
The Sr. Logistics Analyst will be responsible for procurement and inbound operations activities required for existing logistics suppliers with focus on contracted transportation and 3PL providers. Act as main interface for all external logistics supplier activities to manage the logistics supply base to align around contract compliance, regular business reviews, KPI management, procurement process and 3PL process management.
KEY FEATURES AND OBLIGATIONS:
- Lead all aspects of carrier compliance acting as key driver of performance discussions and carrier management
- Develop and own monthly and quarterly business reviews with all Polaris contracted transportation providers including but not limited to trucking, intermodal, and warehousing
- Lead discussions with Penske (Polaris TMS provider) on developing and monitoring carrier compliance
- Responsible for accuracy in defining volume requirements for all contracted services, pulling together and aligning across inbound and outbound operations
- Develop and maintain robust process for contract procurement with systematic and proactive communicating on termination agreements, contract length, and renewal periods
- Cross-functional interaction between Operations, Supply Chain, 3PL Management and Transportation Management
- Close Collaboration with Logistics Teams on network design, Consolidation Locations, Warehouse services, Transportation Solutions
- Fast-paced Working Environment
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work as part of the Logistics Team to develop and execute category strategies, onboard and manage logistics suppliers, and achieve individual and team goals.
- Manage the total acquisition cost of assigned categories.
- Prepare and solicit requests for quotes and proposals.
- Perform research (supplier, industry, governmental and competitive intelligence) to develop knowledge and contribute to strategy development
- Develop and maintain reliable logistics suppliers
- Maintain sourcing and contract files, supporting modifications and amendments
- Keep abreast of current product/service developments and trends in your area of expertise
- Coordination and implementation of cost reduction projects
- Monitor supplier performance and measure to a specific set of KPI
- Ensure that on time communication, on time delivery, service and reporting goals as outlined in supplier contracts are met.
- Conduct in-depth analysis of rate information provided by supplier and supplier's financial reporting.
- Lead negotiations and problem resolution discussions with assigned suppliers and ensure the adequacy and timeliness of supplier corrective action plans when necessary
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED:
- Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain, Business Administration, Logistics or a related field
MINIMUM WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Minimum 5 years of purchasing/supply chain experience required
- Previous ocean and truckload purchasing for a manufacturer a plus
- Previous experience contracting with 3rd Party Warehouse Providers a plus
- Previous experience contracting with 3rd Party Logistics providers a plus
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Demonstrated negotiation, communication, decision making and problem-solving skills
- Highly organized and effective in managing multiple priorities and deadlines, project management experience a plus
- Proven strength in working effectively cross-functionally
- Ability to professionally represent Polaris by developing productive working relationships with suppliers
- Fast-paced office environment
- Up to 15% travel may be required
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to Think Outside. Apply today!
As the global leader in Powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2020 sales of $7.0 billion, Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments, and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Analyst, Logistics
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Medina, Minnesota US