Vehicle Occupant Protection Engineer
Location: Bangalore, Karnataka IN
Job Number: 5235
Requisition Number: R5942
At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging
assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we
are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to Think Outside.
Title: Vehicle Occupant Protection Engineer
Polaris, a global powersports leader, is looking foran experienced senior software engineer to build high quality Infotainment User Interfaces. This is an exciting role on the Ride Command team building world-class connected rider solutions. The ideal candidate possesses strong communication, problem solving, attention to detail, design, coding and testing skills, and is effective in a fast-paced Agile Development environment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Primary central lead for Vehicle Occupant Protection for Polaris
- Provides expertise in design for occupant safety and protection systems - all vehicles
- Helps to manage the actions of the Occupant Protection Peer Team for enterprise-wide occupant safety planning; maintain safety roadmaps
- Leads data analysis, research, testing and benchmarking to develop safety & protection solutions around seat belts/restraint systems, ergonomics, crashworthiness, Rollover Protections (ROPS) standards, and/or occupant space claims in conjunction with program teams and functional areas
- Partner in developing of technical specifications, designs, and validation methods
- Assists in related product investigations; facilitates root cause analyses
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE:
- BS in Mechanical Engineering or Automotive Engineering; MS preferred
- 8+ years of relevant product development experience involving vehicle design, passive and active safety systems, CAE, data analysis, benchmarking, and planning
- Preferred knowledge in one or more of the following regulatory/compliance areas: OSHA, NHTSA, FMVSS, SAE, and/or ROHVA standards
- Thorough knowledge of vehicle systems and functionality
- Proven communicator and self-starter; willingness to work in an area of high ambiguity
- Automotive knowledge/experience preferred; HARA/DFMEA/PFMEA experience preferred
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to Think Outside. Apply today!
As the global leader in Powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2020 sales of $7.0 billion, Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments, and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Vehicle Occupant Protection Engineer
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Bangalore, Karnataka IN