Fabrication Tech II
Location: Wyoming, Minnesota US
Job Number: 5236
Requisition Number: R5912
At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging
assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we
are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to Think Outside.
In this position you will be responsible for the successful and timely completion of fabrication projects that meet acceptable company standards for our engineering group that does prototype design. This is an exciting position that will allow you to work on the cutting-edge components of Polaris' products. At times you will work with other members of the fabrication team and other times you will have the independence and creativity to work on individual projects. This is a fun position where you will work with the newest prototypes while supporting your internal customers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for the building/rebuilding of working prototypes from original concepts or assigned concepts for major projects.
- Solves design problems as they arise in the development stage of projects.
- Maintains knowledge of prototype build processes and suggests new processes and additional equipment to be used.
- Builds/rebuilds prototype parts, test fixtures, and/or complete machines per prints, sketches or verbal instructions.
- Makes recommendations on design or redesign for product improvements or cost reductions.
- Adheres to approved project budget and schedule.
- Must be able to communicate and work well with others.
- Assists in training of less senior fabricators.
- Must be a self-starter and complete projects without continual supervision.
- Uses computer and a variety of software applications.
- Maintains routine housekeeping practices; ensuring all OSHA requirements are being met.
- Updates supervisor on project status.
- Performs other miscellaneous fabrication assignments as requested.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma plus two years vocational school training in the machining trade
- 5+ years previous machining experience preferred
- 2 and 3 axis CNC lathe and mill programming experience is required
- "Master Cam preferred" and "5-Axis CNC mill programming" experience is preferred
- Manual machining experience is required
- Must be able to set up and operate CNC mill and lathe
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to Think Outside. Apply today!
As the global leader in Powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2020 sales of $7.0 billion, Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments, and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Fabrication Tech II
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Wyoming, Minnesota US