Category Team Member -Supplier Quality Engineer
Location: Brooklyn Park, Minnesota US
Job Number: 5237
Requisition Number: R5930
At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging
assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we
are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to Think Outside.
- Polaris is making a bold, strategic investment to improve our strategic sourcing process and consequently generate a high level of savings through improved performance.
- The completed diagnostic exercise identified significant cost savings opportunities that require a focused, precise approach led by our best employees.
- Apart from significant cost savings, this exercise promises an opportunity to transform our supply chain.
- You will be dedicated full-time to a cross-functional team that will work on Fasteners.
- The team will work together for a period of 12-18 months.
- It's also important to note that for periods during the project, there will be heavy travel.
WHAT'S IN IT FOR ME?
- This is a great opportunity for you to:
- Be part of a "category team" that is comprised of cross-functional, cross-business segment Polaris professionals.
- Visit Polaris and supplier facilities worldwide, learning Polaris needs/wants/interests, supplier capabilities and best practices.
- Represent Polaris to the global supply base.
- Represent your functional area of the business.
- Represent your function and category expertise.
- Provide critical input into supplier selections.
- Enhance your skills through robust training.
- As a result
of this project, you will gain:
- Differential training, experiences and supply chain knowledge.
- Exposure to key resources across functions within the organization.
- Broad exposure to the global Polaris organization as well as executive leadership.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Actively involved in design reviews as well as identifying significant and critical feature characteristics on drawings
- Attend site visits to assess quality practices and protocols of incumbent / alternative suppliers
- Define minimum quality standards of facilities and products to be met by suppliers, including prospective quality initiative impacts & changes
- Train new suppliers to effectively execute and conform to Polaris quality program requirements - PPAPs; PQR System; and Corrective Actions
- Assist with supplier negotiations to ensure quality requirements are captured
- Contribute to the selection & evaluation of suppliers who best align with Polaris' quality standards
- Participate and engage in multiple skills-based training sessions relating to Sourcing Methodology, Executive Communication, Site Visits, and Negotiations
Critical skills/competencies include:
- Ability to assess supplier through RFIs and site visits
- Understanding of quality systems
- Willingness to accept new ideas and challenge status quo
- Strong communication, critical thinking & problem-solving skills
- Flexibility/agility to adjust responsibilities based on team needs
- Openness to training/learning
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to Think Outside. Apply today!
As the global leader in Powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2020 sales of $7.0 billion, Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments, and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
City: Brooklyn Park
Community / Marketing Title: Category Team Member -Supplier Quality Engineer
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Brooklyn Park, Minnesota US