Sr. Project Engineer - Advanced Tech
Location: Wyoming, Minnesota US
Job Number: 5238
Requisition Number: R5917
At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging
assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we
are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to Think Outside.
Polaris is seeking a Project/Sr. Project Engineer to join the Central Advanced Technology team. The charter of the Central Advanced Technology team is to plan and execute technology feasibility programs in support of multiple Polaris product lines. As a Project/Sr. Project Engineer on this team, you will be responsible for owning and managing projects to create technology demonstrating proof of concepts, assess and advance technology feasibility, and form application development proposals.
This role will interface with various Polaris internal product/business Unit specific team members, centralized engineering functions as well as external technology development partners.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Define critical technical requirements and milestones for technology proof of concepts through both paper studies and concept vehicle/system development
- Facilitate technology concept selection justifications
- Collaborate with product management, pre-development and vehicle platform teams within GBUs to establish strong plans for technology insertion into PDP programs. Potential areas of focus include advanced ride and handling, safety systems, light-weighting, electrification, electrical systems, and white space exploration.
- Additionally, interface with expert external partners when necessary to align on project technical charter and provide system support on externally developed proof of concepts
- Run a cross functional team to advance Technology and/or Application Readiness Levels to support future commercialization
- Request and coordinate resources and task assignments within the team. Coordinate issue resolution with functional managers.
- Develop and closely manage project budgets and quarterly forecasts to achieve project priorities within defined budge.
- Participate in field development testing as required; analyzes field problems and recommends possible solutions.
- Host technology feasibility and proof of concept reviews
- Provide technology development roadmap recommendations including feasibility summaries and technology proof of concept lessons learned
- Summarize technology GAP analysis against feasible product/feature/functions
- Attend industry technology shows for scanning of enabling technologies and provide application feasibility assessment against developing technologies
Education, Skills and Knowledge Requirement:
- B.S. or higher in Mechanical, Aerospace, Electrical or Computer Engineering
- 3-5 years minimum of product development experience
- Strong interest in technology development and proven capability of tying technology to application benefits
- Entrepreneurial spirit; embrace operating within a space with a high degree of uncertainty and ambiguity
- Track record of supporting multiple projects concurrently
- System level design/requirements development
- Experience with mechanical design and/or electrical mechanical systems integration
- Strong leadership skills and ability. Outstanding oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to influence others. Demonstrated ability to form business inter-relationships with supporting managers, leaders, and staff.
- Decisive and prone to action. Must be Quality-oriented and customer focused.
- Excellent project planning, organizing, and administrative skills. Understands how program objectives, tools, and resources relate cross-functionally.
- Riding experience and/or interest in Recreational Vehicles.
- Ability to work under pressure and maintain a positive attitude. Sincere desire to exceed customer's expectations.
- Effective in technical problem solving
- Experience in presenting technical content to non-technical audience
- Internal/external technical partner/supplier engagement preferred
- Experience in commercial agreements
- Hands on development experience
- Some travel required
- Fast-paced office and lab environment. Remote working provisions available to accommodate COVID restrictions
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to Think Outside. Apply today!
As the global leader in Powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2020 sales of $7.0 billion, Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments, and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Sr. Project Engineer - Advanced Tech
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Wyoming, Minnesota US