Senior Software Engineer, Mobile (Ride Command App)
Location: Plymouth, Minnesota US
Job Number: 5260
Requisition Number: R5983
At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging
assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we
are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to Think Outside.
Polaris, a global powersports leader, is looking for aSeniorSoftware Engineer, Mobile Application (Xamarin) to be part of the Ride Command App team. This is an exciting position on a team building world-class connected rider solutions. As a technicalleaderon the team, you have the ability and empowerment to make changes and move quickly. Responsibilities include brainstorming, estimating, and developing new applications and features leveraging Xamarin and C#++. The ideal candidate is effective in a fast-paced Agile Development environment, pushing industry best practices and system maturity while looking for opportunities to enhance continuous integration and automated deployment. Interest in powersports is a plus, as there are opportunities to ride!
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Contribute to the development of project plans, project documentation and test plans in an Agile Scrum environment.
- Produce high quality code. While we have QA and validation teams, we expect developers to always write unit tests and contribute to test automation frameworks.
- Use industry best practices and coding standards to create high performing and maintainable code
- Participate in peer reviewsand provide feedbackon architecture and code
- Support, maintain and administer deployed solutions
- Have a customer-focused mindset for delivering a product that is centered around a great customer rider experience
- Be an active participant in and help enhance a mature agile environment
- Take necessary measures toensure cross-pollination of feature architecture and development
- Mentor junior and mid-level engineers to grow team's skillset
- Flexible enough to work on Polaris products being produced for a fast-changing market
- Constantly lookfor ways to increase the team's velocity/productivity by eliminatingwaste
- Targetzero surprises; proactively react to any surprises
- Help build and maintain high team morale
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
- At least5 years of development experience
- 3+ years Mobile Applications experience using Xamarin and Xamarin.Forms
- Experience with deployment of solutions in Google Play and iTunes
- Demonstrated mobile development experience on iOS and Android platforms using Xamarin
- Demonstrated development experience in C#
- Experience with Agile development methods such as Scrum and Kanban
- Ability to work in a collaborative, fast-paced team environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or similar field
- Experience developing high quality, commercially available software
- Understanding of mobile applications that utilize geolocation/maps
- Mapbox experience
- Experience developing Cloud Services such as RestAPIs or Lambda Functions
- Background using CI/CD Build and deploy processes
- Knowledge of AWS
- Proven experience with improving system logging, error reporting, and performance. Splunk is our tool
- Interest in Powersports is a big plus
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to Think Outside. Apply today!
As the global leader in Powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2020 sales of $7.0 billion, Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments, and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Software Engineer, Mobile (Ride Command App)
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Plymouth, Minnesota US