Location: Plymouth, Minnesota US
Job Number: 5272
Requisition Number: R5985
At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging
assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we
are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to Think Outside.
Key member of the Parts and Lubricants Category Team with responsibility for providing and continuously improving PG&A revenue and retail/merchandising reporting and analysis to drive category sales and profitability as well as dealer retail growth. Responsible for market, consumer and competitive analysis, sales and commodity trends, and business analysis and insights. Responsible for interpreting data and making recommendations based upon the research findings. Support global product planning, product life cycle management, product design, development and cost; product quality and safety; pricing & profit plans.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop and execute monthly/weekly business insights for category team - commodity reports, sales trends, $/ installed unit, attachment rates, etc.
- Work with Category Manager to identify and analyze PG&A commodities with opportunities to improve performance. Leverage market, competitive, and sales data to develop business case and project manage short and long term improvement plan.
- Support the development of a 5-year product and business road map for Heavy Duty Parts and Polaris Power that aligns with the organization through highly integrated planning & process integration.
- Champions consumer insights, product / idea generation & planning. Analyzes market data, competitive activity, demographic & lifestyle trends to identify market opportunities that align with the strategic objectives of the business.
- Provide timely and accurate monthly reporting packages to PG&A Management including in-depth analysis and insights to accelerate short and long-term sales growth
- Utilize external data bases, including Dealer Management Systems to define, gather and analyze dealer retail and inventory data. Make recommendations to Category leadership to drive the transition to a retail driven PG&A sales model
- Leverage Product Line Management information to recommend product changes/eliminations
- Drive organizational alignment through the Polaris Development Process
- Ad hoc analysis & recommendations as requested by PG&A leadership
- Provide project management expertise as needed.
- Analysis of new markets we plan to enter to help develop the business case, line plans, and set goals
- Understand price elasticity and the competitive set to determine accurate market pricing.
- Provide support to other categories and Category operations as needed.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Bachelor's degree in business management, marketing, engineering or finance.
- 2+ years' experience in business analytics
- Strong project management and analytical skills. Knowledge and experience with quantitative and qualitative market research tools.
- Cross-functional influencing capabilities, able to work well across and up and down the organization. Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Exceptional written, oral, and presentation communication abilities
- Expertise with Excel, PowerPoint, Microsoft Power BI and Alteryx experience a plus.
- Standard office environment
- Some travel may be required, up to 10%
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to Think Outside. Apply today!
As the global leader in Powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2020 sales of $7.0 billion, Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments, and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Business Analyst
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Plymouth, Minnesota US