Firmware Team Lead
Location: Battle Ground, Washington US
Job Number: 5284
Requisition Number: R6057
At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging
assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we
are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to Think Outside.
Polaris, a global powersports leader, is looking for a Firmware Team Lead.
This position is focused on enabling and assisting our firmware engineering team members to contribute at high levels of effectiveness and quality. The essential duties of this role include:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Participates in feature scoping and definition
- Responsible for defining and sizing work items with help from the engineering team
- Coordinates build dates and feature content with program managers
- Oversee development team daily standup
- Facilitates backlog planning sessions
- Removes roadblocks from team members by working across the organization
- Helps guide technical implementation decisions to follow the platform's architectural vision
- Maintains a technical expertise in IVI and embedded C++ implementation domains
- Work with stakeholders outside of firmware engineering to understand and document requirements
- Work across the engineering organization to grow a world-class firmware engineering team
- Lead project execution and status meetings that give stakeholders visibility on progress
- Lead design and design review for related software features
- Contribute to firmware architecture initiatives
- Coordinate the low-level and high-level estimates and task breakdown process with the team
- Update Jira tickets and corresponding Confluence pages that document the work performed
- Development work including defect reviews, running tests, release and build processes etc.
- Work on multiple products being delivered simultaneously
- Have a customer-focused mindset for delivering a product that is centered around a great customer experience
- Constantly look for ways to increase the team's velocity/productivity by eliminating waste
- Help build and maintain high team morale
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE:
- BS in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical engineering or related field or MS in a related field.
- Minimum of 5 years software development experience with embedded firmware systems, preferably In-Vehicle Infotainment (IVI) products.
- Experience with peer leadership roles such as scrum master, release engineer, quality lead etc.
- Willing to work with flexible hours when needed for global collaboration.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills.
- Ability to quickly learn and apply new skills with minimal supervision.
- Familiar with using Agile software development approaches within sequential delivery or regulated industries.
- Experienced with multiple types of SDLC, software quality and process improvement efforts.
- Experience with connected vehicle use cases and technology.
- Strong programming and debugging mindset (C++ embedded experience preferred)
- Experience implementing Linux system applications and daemons.
- Comfortable using desktop Linux and open source tools for development.
- Direct software development experience in automotive or regulated industries.
- Experience with using Android OS for automotive industry.
- Tier - 1 or Tier - 2 working experience for automotive industry.
- Experience with BlueZ, oFono, OBEX, PulseAudio and/or related open source audio and media.
- Experience with Bluetooth (Classic and LE) and audio/DSP technologies.
- Automotive technology experience with CAN, Navigation, Apple CarPlay, Android Auto, Sirius XM, and other IVI features.
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to Think Outside. Apply today!
As the global leader in Powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2020 sales of $7.0 billion, Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments, and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
City: Battle Ground
Community / Marketing Title: Firmware Team Lead
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Battle Ground, Washington US