Location: Medina, Minnesota US
Job Number: 5304
Requisition Number: R6120
At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging
assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we
are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to Think Outside.
Polaris's Data Science team works with business leaders across the enterprise to drive optimized strategy using data for our On Road Business Unit. The Data Scientist is responsible for creating recommendations for complex business decisions using predictive analytics. In addition to advanced analytics skills, this role is also proficient at integrating and preparing large, varied datasets, designing and implementing production algorithm scoring, and communicating results. Your focus will be on the front-end of the business, optimizing decisions related to marketing spend, promotional strategy, dealer inventory, and customer retention, among others. You are primarily a data scientist but are passionate about developing advanced end-to-end analytics and technology solutions that drive value for our business.
- Develop analytical approaches to strategic business decisions
- Extract, cleanse, and combine data from multiple sources and systems
- Perform exploratory and targeted analyses, with a wide variety of statistical methods including: cluster, regression, decision tree/random forest, time series, neural network and others
- Collaborate cross-functionally to arrive at actionable insights
- Synthesize analytic results with business input to drive measurable change
- Effectively communicate technical analyses and results to business management
- Develop and continually improve multi-source data architecture and analytics procedures, systems, workflows
- Contribute to the development of end-to-end data driven solutions
- Integrate and productionalize model results into both cloud and edge compute hardware platforms
- 2+ years of work experience in a predictive analytics-focused role
- Masters degree in Applied Statistics/Mathematics, Data or Computer Science, or work experience equivalent
- Strong knowledge of statistical methods and predictive/analytical modeling techniques and practices
- Experience with data preparation, rationalization, and processing in a cloud environment, Azure a plus
- Highly proficient with one or more data mining/predictive modeling tools: SQL, Snowflake, R, Python
- Highly proficient with one or more data visualization tools: Tableau, Power BI Practical understanding of mechanical systems and diverse hardware integration methods both a plus
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to Think Outside. Apply today!
As the global leader in Powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2020 sales of $7.0 billion, Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments, and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Data Scientist
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Medina, Minnesota US