Systems Engineer - Powertrain Integration
Location: Roseau, Minnesota US
Job Number: 5307
Requisition Number: R6028
At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging
assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we
are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to Think Outside.
Systems Engineer - Powertrain Integration:
Duties and Responsibilities
- Design and develop industry leading snowmobiles focusing on engine integration to include but not limited to oil systems, starting systems, etc.
- Support creation and maintenance of engine integration design guidelines and validation plans and communicate to the project and validation teams.
- Work with system engineers, development engineers, and development technicians to support definition of project goals and detailed system specifications.
- Organize and conduct design reviews to ensure adequate input and involvement from all engineering and functional groups.
- Ability to ride snowmobiles for the purpose of field development and performance evaluation.
- Benchmark competitive designs.
- Analyze manufacturing and field problems and recommend and implement solutions.
- Design and develop system to meet vehicle level targets
- Other duties as required.
Education, Skills & Knowledge
- B.S. in Mechanical Engineering or closely related curriculum required. • Minimum of 3 years of experience in product engineering required.
- Understanding and experience with electric motors, gears, pulleys, fluid storage and delivery systems, and snowmobile powertrains preferred.
- Understanding and basic knowledge of component manufacturing processes including casting, forging, machining, stamping, complex plastic component molding (Blow molding, Injection Molding) and cable driven systems preferred.
- Extensive experience and proficiency with Pro-E/CREO and complex component design.
- Understanding and/or experience using FEA / CFD software and data post processing for systems optimization preferred.
- Understanding and/or experience with bolted joint analysis, GD&T, FMEA, dimensional tolerance stack-ups and experience with engineering standards preferred.
- Experience with detailed system specifications development preferred.
- Experience designing parts to strength, weight, and cost targets.
- Quality and customer focused.
- Lab testing and data acquisition, and data analysis experience preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Quick learner with high level of ambition and drive.
- Strong people skills, able to work in a team environment.
- Ability to work with domestic and international technology partners.
- Microsoft software including Excel, Project, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint.
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to Think Outside. Apply today!
As the global leader in Powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2020 sales of $7.0 billion, Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments, and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Systems Engineer - Powertrain Integration
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Roseau, Minnesota US