Location: Wyoming, Minnesota US
Job Number: 5309
Requisition Number: R6118
At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging
assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we
are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to Think Outside.
Work within Indian engineering to lead, direct, and monitor design and development programs from concept to production to achieve project objectives within the specified time schedule. Primary focus will be improving Indian motorcycle quality and customer satisfaction by troubleshooting, testing, and implementing solutions to issues identified through warranty analysis, manufacturing, and other inputs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Own and lead quality improvement projects from conception through implementation on existing Indian motorcycle platforms. Solutions can have significant and quick impact to overall customer satisfaction.
- Own communication of current issues and project status across the motorcycle business unit up to VP level.
- Lead highly cross-functional teams (service, dealers, manufacturing, purchasing, design, etc.) to meet project schedule, cost, quality, durability, performance and reliability requirements.
- Direct the programs using the Polaris Development Process (PDP) where applicable, ensuring that all requirements are clearly defined, documented, and achieved.
- Monitor and manage the manufacturing, quality, and purchasing resources and activities on the team, to provide seamless coordination and issue resolution between all team members. Support service part planning and execution of resolution / implementation plans.
- Participate in field development testing as required; analyzes field problems, recommends possible solutions, and owns solutions through implementation.
- Provide technical support for promotional materials, sales and marketing information, and service publications.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE:
- BS Engineering Degree or equivalent required.
- 2-6 years of Project/Design Engineering or Manufacturing Engineering experience within similar industry.
- Strong technical background and root cause problem solving skills.
- Hands-on problem-solving skills and mechanical aptitude required.
- Strong leadership skills and ability. Outstanding oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to influence others. Demonstrated ability to form business inter-relationships with supporting managers, leaders, and staff.
- Decisive and prone to action. Must be quality-oriented and customer focused.
- Excellent project planning, organizing, and administrative skills. Understands how program objectives, tools, and resources relate cross-functionally.
- Riding experience and/or interest in Recreational Vehicles.
- Ability to work under pressure and maintain a positive attitude.
- Sincere desire to exceed customers' expectations.
- Required-experience with a 3-D CAD modeling package, Pro-Engineer preferred.
- Additional experience in other vehicle design categories considered a plus: steering systems, chassis design, welded structures, bolted joints and fasteners, packaging, castings and forgings, Sheet metal, suspension systems, braking systems and wheels, electrical, plastic component specification.
- GD&T, FMEA, dimensional tolerance stack-ups.
- Superior technical knowledge as demonstrated by academic experience and broad practical experience.
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to Think Outside. Apply today!
As the global leader in Powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2020 sales of $7.0 billion, Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments, and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Design Engineer
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Wyoming, Minnesota US