Strategic Sourcing Category Manager
Location: Brooklyn Park, Minnesota US
Job Number: 5320
Requisition Number: R6128
At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging
assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we
are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to Think Outside.
- Polaris is making a bold, strategic investment to improve our strategic sourcing process and consequently generate a high level of savings through improved performance.
- The completed diagnostic exercise identified significant cost savings opportunities that require a focused, precise approach led by our best employees.
- Apart from significant cost savings, this exercise promises an opportunity to transform our supply chain.
- You will be dedicated full-time to a cross-functional team that will work on User Interface (seats, seat belts, handles).
- The team will work together for a period of 12-18 months.
- It's also important to note that for periods during the project, there will be heavy travel.
WHAT'S IN IT FOR ME?
- This is a great opportunity for you to:
- Lead a "category team" that is comprised of cross-functional, cross-business segment Polaris professionals.
- Visit Polaris and supplier facilities worldwide, learning Polaris needs/wants/interests, supplier capabilities and best practices.
- Represent Polaris to the global supply base.
- Represent your functional area of the business.
- Represent your function and category expertise.
- Provide critical input into supplier selections.
- Enhance your skills through robust training.
- As a result of this project, you will gain:
- Differential training, experiences and supply chain knowledge.
- Exposure to key resources across functions within the organization.
- Broad exposure to the global Polaris organization as well as executive leadership.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Build and lead teams by evaluating and utilizing team's skill sets to achieve results through positive, open leadership
- Lead the hiring, career development, and performance management processes of team members
- Lead the execution of the category team in the wave, including stakeholder analysis, strategy development, supplier research, site visits, negotiations, and final recommendation
- Provide strategic category and functional insights around the total cost of ownership, incumbent supplier agreements, and internal category drivers for profile development
- Validate category profile and Request for Proposal (RFP), including savings strategy & baseline benchmarking, as well as Safety Critical parts documentation
- Confirm category strategy and value levers for category strategy development and negotiation strategy
- Lead and support site visit execution and negotiations with suppliers
- Support supplier award communications and implementation handover
Critical skills/competencies include:
- Executive presence
- People leadership
- Critical thinking & problem solving
- Organizational agility and flexibility to changing circumstances
- Collaboration, both within and outside your direct team
- Ability to balance process rigor with autonomy
- Ability to balance strategic and tactical execution
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Engineering, or related field desired, MBA or Masters desired.
- APICS CPIM and/or ISM C.P.M./A.P.P. desired.
- 8+ years of purchasing or relevant experience (sales, engineering, etc.) required.
- 2+ years of direct leadership experience preferred or an experienced and proven leader who has the demonstrated ability to build effective departmental and cross functional teams.
- Cross functional project management and/or commodity management experience required.
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to Think Outside. Apply today!
As the global leader in Powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2020 sales of $7.0 billion, Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments, and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
City: Brooklyn Park
Community / Marketing Title: Strategic Sourcing Category Manager
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Brooklyn Park, Minnesota US