Location: Fernley, Nevada US
Job Number: 5321
Requisition Number: R6154
At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to Think Outside.
The Warehouse Supervisor at our Fernley, NV Distribution Center is responsible for supporting the overall operations of the facility, with direct accountability for leading, motivating, coaching their team. This role has direct accountability to the success operation of a value stream or shift within the operation. The Operations Supervisor will manage and drive goals through their front-line leadership team to meet and exceed safety, delivery, quality and cost goals while adhering to the company's values. In addition, this role will identify and lead the implementation of continuous improvement projects across the DC.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Directly lead & manage up to 10-15 warehouse associates
- Demonstrate situational leadership and supervision in support of Polaris work culture and values
- Demonstrate professionalism with all Polaris employees, colleagues, and outside business contacts
- Responsible for ensuring a safe working environment for all employees throughout the warehouse
- Responsible for interviewing, selecting, and hiring warehouse associates
- Responsible for leading employee relation issues with direct staff in compliance with company procedures and processes
- Accountable for employee development, coaching, training and mentoring
- Understand and enforce company policies, procedures, and systems within all areas of operation
- Develop trust within employee groups through fairness, consistency, confidentiality, and leading by example
- Communicate effectively through all levels of warehouse to provide a clear and consistent message
- Contribute to a culture of accountability, reporting, and inspection by communicating delivery or shipment failures, comparing equipment conditions to standards, and taking action if other discrepancies arise.
- Drive continuous improvement in Service and Order Quality to achieve industry leading quality and customer service
- Analyze, develop, and initiate quality statistics, system controls, and action plans
- Directs and executes day-to-day work assignments consistent with group needs and work schedules
- First Aid/CPR First Responder
- Consistently exceed productivity objectives across shifts to support operational goals
- Develop and execute departmental objectives, budget plan, and contingency strategies
- Proactively seeks out productivity improvements with a continuous improvement mindset
- Additional duties as assigned
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE:
- 4 year degree OR people management experience required
- 2+ years or warehouse/distribution center experience preferred
- Proven problem solving, decision making, and planning
- Have basic knowledge of company inventory or WMS software, RF/Bar-coding technology and be proficient in Microsoft Office programs
- Experience with LEAN fundamentals preferred
- Ability to effectively present information in on-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients and other employees of the organization
- Effective written and verbal communications skills
- Fundamental understanding of distribution including receiving, pick/pack/ship, inventory, operations, and facilities
- Performance, results oriented individual with ability to create/sustain strong, positive, vibrant culture
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to Think Outside. Apply today!
As the global leader in Powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2020 sales of $7.0 billion, Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments, and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Supervisor, Warehouse
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Fernley, Nevada US