Commercial Americas Technical Service Specialist
Location: Medina, Minnesota US
Job Number: 5331
Requisition Number: R6240
At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging
assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we
are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to Think Outside.
The Polaris Commercial Americas team is the business unit within Polaris tasked with providing vehicle solutions, including Taylor-Dunn industrial and commercial vehicles, GEM electric Low Speed Vehicles, and Pro XD work utility vehicles, to Business-to-Business and Business-to-Government customers. The Commercial Americas team also manufactures and supports private-label UTV's for Bobcat and Ariens/Gravely. The Commercial Technical Service Specialist is responsible for supporting customers and dealers with diagnostics, repairs and warranty. The successful applicant must maintain strong technical knowledge of all commercial products and service processes and maintain excellent rapport with all dealers, customers and internal staff.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead trouble shooting, diagnosis, and repair in ever changing and ambiguous situations, applying analytical and engineering principles to best service commercial customers and dealers
- Adjudicate warranty according to warranty policy and internal guidelines
- Keep concise, thorough case notes on all interactions
- Engage and support cross functional issue resolution teams as needed
- Flag and elevate failures trends and field concern areas to feed early warning meetings driving where focus should be placed
- Responsibility as a subject matter expert (SME) on the team for specific products and processes
- Create standards for processes and solutions for dealers, end customers, and internal teams
- Participate in technical service team initiatives, problem solving and continuous improvement efforts
- Provide telephone and electronic case support for commercial cases and warranty claim authorizations
- Plan, schedule and conduct in-person dealer and customer visits as needed to resolve technical vehicle concerns and/or train
- Assist in the development and review for commercial technical service manuals, videos, team tip articles, bulletin information, part numbers, flat rate manuals and repair procedures
- Manage escalated commercial service cases
- Ability to adapt to, and execute in alignment with the business values, direction and priorities, maintaining customer focus in all aspects of the role
- Ability to maintain strong working relationships and work cross functionally with various teams across, up and down the organization to achieve results.
- Ability to rapidly adapt to changing circumstances, take initiative, and own outcomes.
- Ability to manage a heavy workload, prioritizing appropriately, working with minimal supervision within set guidelines and escalating concerns when appropriate.
- Ability to compromise and come to agreeable solutions that provide the best possible outcome for all involved parties
- Gathering input and alignment on decisions from stakeholders and communicating outcomes effectively
- Self-confidence and track record of success professionally managing difficult conversations under contentious circumstances
- Highly motivated, detail- oriented, self-starter with ability to work under pressure individually or in a team environment
- Strong ability to methodically evaluate complex problems and provide strong recommendations for resolution
SKILL S & KNOWLEDGE
- Bachelor's degree in Business or Engineering field or equivalent experience required.
- Both mechanical and electrical technical proficiency and work experience required
- 5+ years of experience in a business setting with direct customer interaction
- Strong aptitude in gas, diesel and electric vehicles
- Experience in Automotive Technology, Electrical, Mechanical, or Manufacturing Engineering, Business Management, Industrial Science or related field preferred
- Experience in project management, analytics, process, budgets, labor allocation and scheduling
- Excellent leadership skills and track record with ability and desire to take on a larger role in the future
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications, SharePoint, and typing
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to articulate thoughts, ideas and technical terminology
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Preferred locations - Medina, MN, Wyoming MN or Anaheim, CA
- Standard fast-paced office environment - extended periods of sitting required
- Interaction with customers and dealers
Limited travel, up to 25% of the time
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to Think Outside. Apply today!
As the global leader in Powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2020 sales of $7.0 billion, Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments, and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Commercial Americas Technical Service Specialist
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Medina, Minnesota US