Project Engineer - Snowmobiles
Location: Roseau, Minnesota US
Job Number: 5337
Requisition Number: R6213
At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging
assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we
are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to Think Outside.
Leads the execution of cost, schedule, and performance goals for global RMK projects using the Polaris Development Process (PDP). Customer satisfaction, warranty, field issue resolution and planned change implementation are also included in this role.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lead cross-functional teams to meet project schedule, safety, quality, cost , durability, performance and reliability requirements. Responsible for the overall success of the project.
- Saturated with consumer insights and leverages the Polaris Development Process (PDP), ensuring that all requirements are clearly defined, documented, and achieved.
- Manage the assigned team to develop new product features, innovative approaches, breakthrough technologies and improved processes.
- Lead the planning and on-time execution of prototype vehicle builds.
- Monitor and manage the manufacturing, quality, and purchasing resource activities on the team, to provide seamless coordination and issue resolution between all team members.
- Support accessory development and service part planning and execution.
- Participate in development and field testing as required; analyzes problems and recommends solutions.
- Allocate and monitor resources and task assignments within the team. Coordinate issue resolution.
- Motivate the entire team and others affecting the program's success.
- Assist functional managers to plan budgets and manpower forecasts.
- Provide technical support for sales and marketing information, and service publications.
- May typically lead a large program or multiple smaller programs.
- Other duties as assigned.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
- B.S. in Mechanical or Electrical engineering or related engineering fields.
- 5 or more years of engineering project/design leadership experience, in similar industry.
- Strong technical background.
- Strong leadership skills and ability.
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to influence others.
- Demonstrated ability to form business inter-relationships with supporting managers, leaders, and staff.
- Decisive and prone to action.
- Must be customer focused and quality-oriented.
- Excellent project planning, organizing, and administrative skills.
- Understands how program objectives, tools, and resources relate cross-functionally.
- Riding experience and/or interest in mountain snowmobiles.
- Ability to work under pressure and maintain a positive attitude.
- Sincere desire to exceed customer's expectations.
- Dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Time split between office and shop/test labs.
- Travel up to 10%.
- Knows how to enjoy his/her work and have fun doing it.
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to Think Outside. Apply today!
As the global leader in Powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2020 sales of $7.0 billion, Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments, and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Project Engineer - Snowmobiles
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Roseau, Minnesota US