Development Technician - RZR Accessories
Location: Wyoming, Minnesota US
Job Number: 5358
Requisition Number: R6143
At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging
assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we
are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to Think Outside.
Research and development of RZR product accessories. Work to optimize the final design, fit-up and instructions of RZR accessories. Work with suppliers on fitment and provide positive feedback. Communicate with other team members on new accessory ideas and the ability to bring them to life.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- RZR product accessory research & development.
- Conduct fit ups and provide feedback to engineers.
- Build prototypes and evaluate new methods of installation.
- Platforming accessories with other ORV product.
- Ability to transform an accessory from an idea to reality.
- Verify overall that the new/redesigned accessory performs to program specs. and customer expectations.
- Lead/organize upcoming model year RZR accessories for new product releases.
- Organizes and leads development activity in new accessory design.
- Good record keeping and assist in writing reports for installation instructions.
- Maintain strict confidentiality.
- Maintain a clean, safe work area and meet OSHA requirements.
- Good self-starter, able to run with new ideas with limited direction, willing to work overtime as needed.
- Must be willing to travel periodically to do product evaluation and development.
- Able to communicate professionally to suppliers.
- Perform other miscellaneous duties as required.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
- High school diploma required
- 2-Year degree in technical field preferred
- Basic computer skills required
- Valid drivers license required
- Must be capable of operating RZR's in extreme conditions
- Must be capable of driving trucks with trailers (
- Must be capable of operating fork lifts
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- Powersports experience preferred
- Experience preferred in reading design prints.
- Fabrication & welding preferred
- Minimum 3 years mechanic or technician experience preferred
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to Think Outside. Apply today!
As the global leader in Powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2020 sales of $7.0 billion, Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments, and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Development Technician - RZR Accessories
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Wyoming, Minnesota US