Technical Service Rep - Electric Vehicle Focused
Location: Plymouth, Minnesota US
Job Number: 5364
Requisition Number: R6330
At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging
assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we
are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to Think Outside.
This role is responsible for all technical service support activities related to Polaris electric vehicles, and additional technical service support, as needed, for non-EV off-road vehicles. This person will also serve as the subject matter expert in technical service EV support and participate in cross functional dealer service initiatives to ensure our dealer network is prepared to effectively service electric vehicles.
Additional duties include co-development, deployment, and monitoring of the dealer training and support plans to ensure our dealer network is adequately prepared to service our electric vehicles. While serving as a liaison, this position carries the voice of the dealer in all interactions with, Technical Service, Technical Training, Service Publications, Service Engineers, Warranty and Engineering.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Daily Department - 75%
- Vehicle troubleshooting, diagnostic, and repair using phone, case and live video support
- Mitigate dealer and owner disloyalty by executing on the service fundamentals to deliver an industry leading service experience that drives brand loyalty and owner retention
- Provide case support for vehicle diagnostics and warranty authorizations, including but not limited to determining root cause, warranty eligibility, component coverage and labor accuracy
- Actively build strong functional relationships internally and externally with our dealer network
- Monitor the Dealer Community to identify opportunities, drive awareness, engagement, and solutions.
- Write, edit, and distribute various forms of technical content for employee, and dealer communication
- Work with Engineering & Quality as the technical SME that provides research and assistance to address field concerns between Polaris Dealers, Central Service, and internal departments to support Dealer and Customer needs
- Conduct in-person dealer visits as needed to resolve technical vehicle concerns, perform dealer audits, and offer coaching on Industry best practices to help guide dealers in their operations
- Make financial and business decisions that enhance brand loyalty and deliver world class customer service for Polaris based on dealer information, related experience and critical judgement
- Identify and report on all potential safety concerns by gathering and presenting information for investigation
- Assist in product liability concerns, warranty lawsuits and other legal issues
Process Improvement & Lead Change- 25%
- Conduct analysis of reported concerns to identify root cause and develop content for field resolution
- Serve as a liaison to other areas of the business
- Listen, gather and analyze field concerns to present to engineering and drive communication efforts
- Monitor trends in dealer feedback and remove barriers for teams to deliver world class service
- Partner with Content teams to develop service focused communications and expand our shared resources in knowledge management platforms
- Partner with other members of service teams to develop process improvements leading to a cross-functional approach towards product resolution for our dealers & customers
- Leads technical service team initiatives, problem solving and continuous improvement efforts
- Identify and present process improvements to meet team or department goals
- Execute strategic initiatives
- Identify, embrace, and lead process improvements.
- Leads special projects and cross functional teams as needed or assigned
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
- Qualified candidates MUST have a minimum of 3-5 years of experience working in an electrical focused technical service support capacity both remotely and in-person. Electrical theory, or specific electrical focused training experience is a plus.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Management, Industrial Science, or related field, or Substantial equivalent technical experience in related work or field
- Demonstrated leadership and coaching skills
- Strong desire to deliver industry-leading service and build strong dealer relationships
- Strong problem-solving ability with prioritization and attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Ability to articulate thoughts and ideas.
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Ability to handle confidential information required
- Excellent organizational, analytical and communication skills, both written and oral
- Proficient PC skills - Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Proficient in AS400, Oracle, Showcase & CRM
- Previous experience with Motorsports/Recreational industry preferred
- Fast-paced office environment.
- Flexibility for short notice travel up to 20-30% as needed
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to Think Outside. Apply today!
As the global leader in Powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2020 sales of $7.0 billion, Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments, and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Technical Service Rep - Electric Vehicle Focused
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Plymouth, Minnesota US