Sr. Digital Designer
Location: Sunnyvale, California US
Job Number: 5365
Requisition Number: R6339
At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging
assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we
are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to Think Outside.
Our Digital Design & Experience team creates the user interfaces for on-vehicle displays, mobile applications, and rider web portals for all of our products. We are looking to grow the team with both interaction and visual design skills. True hybrid designers (interaction + visual) are preferred, but we will be happy to talk to any great designer that fits the team.
The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of excellence and a thorough working knowledge of User Interface (UI) and User Experience (UX) Design. They will be responsible for defining how people interact with Polaris products - designing the systematic and functional foundation for product interactions. The ideal candidate will be proficient at establishing User Interface (UI) standards, design hierarchy, ease of use, and consistency across Polaris products. Experience in automotive and consumer electronics industries and knowledge of user research methods preferred.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Design world-class digital product interface designs for various powersports applications
- Work with cross-functional teams (Industrial Design, product managers, engineers, customer service, and marketing) on various applications, user flows, and visual design projects
- Develop flow-diagrams, wireframes, storyboards, visual design comps, paper and electronic prototypes as needed to communicate designs to the rest of the team and company stakeholders
- Collaborate with hardware and software engineers to sculpt a singular, clear and cohesive end user experience across the Polaris product ecosystem
- Support project managers in work estimates and planning
- Identify and recommend areas of technology investment and development (technology demonstration projects)
- Other duties as required
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE:
- BA/BS degree in Design (e.g. interaction, visual, product, industrial), HCI, CS, or a related field (In lieu of degree, 5+ years relevant work experience)
- Passion for user experience (UX) and usability
- Strong creative, design, and visualization skills
- Hands-on, get things done attitude
- "Pixel-perfectionist" with superb attention to design detail
- Strong technical understanding of how hardware, software, and cloud services work together
- Excellent written communication & documentation skills
- Ability to work independently, but also in a team environment
- Fast-paced office and lab environment in Sunnyvale, CA
- Some in-context vehicle testing (mostly optional)
- Some travel (mostly optional)
Recognized as the leader in the Powersports industry, Polaris Industries prides itself on recognizing and developing top talent to take its people and company to the next level.
Polaris is transforming from a North American based company to a global company with over 8,000 employees in 16 different countries spanning five continents of North America, South America, Europe, Asia, and Australia. Polaris Industries is headquartered just outside of Minneapolis in Medina, Minnesota with annual 2014 sales of $4.5 billion. The Digital Design & Experience office/lab is in the heart of Silicon Valley in Sunnyvale, CA.
Polaris designs, engineers, manufactures and markets innovative, high quality off-road vehicles, including all-terrain vehicles (ATVs) and the Polaris RANGER®, RZR®, and GENERAL® side-by-side vehicles, snowmobiles, motorcycles and on-road electric/hybrid powered vehicles.
Polaris is among the global sales leaders for both off-road vehicles and snowmobiles and has established a strong presence in the motorcycle market with the Indian Motorcycle and Slingshot brands. Additionally, Polaris continues to invest in the global on-road small electric/hybrid powered vehicle industry with Global Electric Motorcars (GEM), Goupil Industrie SA, Aixam Mega S.A.S., and internally developed vehicles. Polaris enhances the riding experience with a complete line of Polaris and KLIM branded apparel and Polaris accessories and parts.
- Browse around on www.polaris.com to get a feel for the full breadth of the Polaris brands and product lines
- Send your design portfolio and an introduction to email@example.com
- Hope for the best! We are excited to hear from you!
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to Think Outside. Apply today!
As the global leader in Powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2020 sales of $7.0 billion, Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments, and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Sr. Digital Designer
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Sunnyvale, California US