Sr. Lean Engineer
Location: Huntsville, Alabama US
Job Number: 5366
Requisition Number: R5844
At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging
assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we
are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to Think Outside.
- Initiate and Lead Polaris Production System (PPS) through the Identification of improvement opportunities and coordinate/lead improvement teams with a core focus on elimination of non-value added activities to help develop the lean culture. Assign resources to achieve improvements to deliver results to the customer.
- Facilitate and lead activities such as Value Stream Mapping (VSM), Problem Solving, 5S, Kaizen and SMED events to support production, quality, and product development initiatives.
- Coordinate data gathering and reporting of key metrics for process improvement events with follow-up activities to ensure sustainment.
- Facilitate and manage multiple projects.
- Partner with Lean Manager and plant leadership to define continuous improvement goals and execute action plans with Polaris Production System methodology. Align leadership and provide direction and Lean expertise to meet plant objectives.
- Assist and lead with implementation VIP Projects.
- Conduct assigned process audits to support Lean Culture. (5S and MDI Audit examples)
- Guide, coach and train team members on Lean implementation.
- Create learning resources and develop employees on lean concepts and tools. Develop/adapt training materials and presentations as needed. Assist in the deployment of Polaris's Lean training materials.
- Facilitate best practice sharing across product development teams.
- Other assignments as requested or required
Required Skills and Knowledge:
- Bachelor's degree in Industrial Engineering, Manufacturing, Process Engineering or related field
- Minimum of 5 years of manufacturing experience
- Strong analytical skills required
- Excellent Excel and PowerPoint abilities
- Experience in problem solving techniques and methodologies (8D, DMAIC, PDCA, etc.) highly preferred
- Experience with material flow pull systems
- Lean background with experience facilitating kaizen events, developing value stream maps at the organizational level, 5S, etc. preferred
- Strong results orientation with passion for Lean and continuous improvement
- Proven track record of applying Lean methodologies and Polaris Production System knowledge
Business & Leadership Skills:
- Strong communication, facilitation, and training skills
- Proven ability to lead change and motivate at all levels within the organization through the utilization of strong interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks and deadlines
- Effective decision-making, problem solving and negotiating skills
- Ability to embrace a rapidly changing environment
- Strong analytical skills and understanding of problem solving tools/methods
- Excellent project management skills (facilitation, project planning, execution, organizing and administrative)
- Ability to teach and facilitate the success of others
- Knowledge of manufacturing principles and processes
- Supervisory experience a plus
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to Think Outside. Apply today!
As the global leader in Powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2020 sales of $7.0 billion, Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments, and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Sr. Lean Engineer
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Huntsville, Alabama US