Location: Anaheim, California US
Job Number: 5374
Requisition Number: R6397
A Painter at Taylor-Dunn is responsible for the use of a manual spray system to paint fabricated parts and visually inspect component parts for runs, scratches, and other blemishes.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work in paint booth, using manual hand-held spray-paint gun to paint parts.
- Inspect parts for defects, material for non-conformance.
- Rework of painted parts and assembled unit.
- Assist in inventorying and tracking paint usage.
- Accurately complete paperwork required for production records.
- Assist with preparatory work including but not limited to, hanging and mask production parts.
- Perform required maintenance on equipment used.
- Maintain a neat, clean, orderly work area and maintain paint equipment.
- Complete company provided training.
- Maintain a consistent pace throughout the shift with focus on quality.
- Maintain a regular, reliable attendance record.
- Work in safe manner following all safety rules and regulations.
- Perform duties assigned by Supervisor and/or Group Leader.
- Work overtime as required and mandated by production schedules.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & EDUCATION
- Good hand-eye coordination and dexterity.
- Attention to quality.
- Good communication skills.
- Trouble shooting capabilities.
- Ability to read and understand routings, work orders and production reports.
- Must be willing to continue training and education as requested.
- Ability to count accurately.
- Must work well in a team environment.
- Basic knowledge of computers.
- Minimum of 1 year painter experience.
- Fast-paced, dynamic culture in an manufacturing environment.
- This opening will work First/Day Shift to begin, with a future transition to Second/Afternoon Shift.
- Must be flexible to work overtime with little or no notice.
- Ability to wear air-supplied respirators for up to 10 hours per shift.
- Meet physical requirements stipulated for respiratory use and work with chemicals involved.
- Must be able to lift up to 40lbs, bend, twist, turn, kneel, squat, reach overhead, perform strong pinch and grip, push pull up to 100lbs, and stand/walk up to 8 hours per day
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: TAYLOR-DUNN Painter
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Anaheim, California US