Risk & Assurance Project Senior
Location: Medina, Minnesota US
Job Number: 5407
Requisition Number: R6449
At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging
assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we
are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to Think Outside.
Responsible for the completion of risk management and assurance projects through the entire project life cycle - from identification, planning, performance, gap/issue assessment, reporting, and assisting in the development of and tracking status of process improvement action plans. Responsible for consultative projects to define and enhance the Company's risk mitigation strategy for strategic and transformational initiatives and projects to assess the design and effectiveness of the Company's processes and controls related to accounting, finance, operations, compliance, and information technology. Lead discussions with all levels of management to engage stakeholders in the process to develop and perform a risk-based approach. Collaborate with Internal Audit leadership to drive process and quality improvements within the Internal Audit team and organization-wide.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform cross functional, cross business unit, global projects, including compliance and consultative operational and process design-focused projects.
- Proactively engage functional and business unit partners to understand and assess broad implications of process and application changes throughout the organization.
- Lead multiple on-going projects; effectively prioritize and manage time to meet deadlines and commitments.
- Collaborate with Internal Audit team and business partners to determine and execute procedures for evaluations of domestic and international operations with objectivity and a high degree of professionalism; including conducting interviews, creating and reviewing process and transaction flows, detailed testing of transactions and processes, making inquiries and observations, and analyzing trends and results.
- Prepare materials for executive leadership and the Audit Committee with objective analysis and develop recommendations when current practices are not consistent with company policies and/or fail to provide appropriate risk mitigation.
- Develop and present creative alternatives and recommended solutions to complex problems, including cross functional processes which involve multiple process owners and stakeholders across multiple systems and locations.
- Identify opportunities for and drive process improvement within Internal Audit team and throughout the organization to create operational efficiencies and improve quality of work.
- Interact with multiple business partners to confirm, clarify, and supplement facts and analysis and collaborate to propose risk mitigation alternatives.
- Coordinate and manage relationship with external auditors and business partners to support completion of external audit procedures and Sarbanes Oxley Section 404 compliance.
- Assist in the evaluation of the Company's risk profile and performance of risk assessments to develop a comprehensive project plan.
- Identify and lead special projects to meet Internal Audit team objectives.
- Benchmark company accounting, reporting, information technology, and risk management practices against industry peers, other Fortune 500 companies, and Twin Cities counterparts. Provide recommendations for process improvements to business partners.
- Monitor changes in regulations and internal transformational projects to assess potential impacts on risk mitigation strategy and proactively develop and communicate alternative solutions to business partners.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, MIS, or equivalent
- 4 years of experience in public accounting, risk management, compliance, and/or internal audit (financial statement, business process, and/or IT audit), preferably with a manufacturing or retail industry focus
- Experience with Sarbanes-Oxley Section 404 and/or operational, process improvement projects
- CPA, CIA, or CISA certification(s) preferred
- Familiarity with AS/400 is a plus
- Demonstrated integrity and sound decision-making
- Strong personal drive, initiative, and persistence
- Experience working in Results Oriented Work Environment
- Self-starter with the flexibility to work independently with minimal supervision or in a group environment
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Agile and flexible approach, ability to pivot to highest priority projects on a regular basis
- Ability to notice and attend to details
- Effectively project manage multiple projects and competing priorities to meet deadlines and commitments
- Proficient in risk management concepts and auditing principles and procedures
- Proven experience working and communicating effectively with all levels of management
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively across functions and across cultures
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and presentation skills to all levels of the organization
- Experience with technical report and position paper writing and advanced grammar proficiency
- Proficiency in developing creative and effective presentation materials using various mediums
- Ability to work with highly confidential information
- Fast-paced, high-change office environment
- Travel, including international locations (up to 25%)
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to Think Outside. Apply today!
As the global leader in Powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2020 sales of $7.0 billion, Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments, and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Risk & Assurance Project Senior
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Medina, Minnesota US