Engineering Manager - Embedded Systems Validation
Location: Wyoming, Minnesota US
Job Number: 5441
Requisition Number: R6643
At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging
assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we
are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to Think Outside.
Within the Global Electrical, Embedded, and Connected Systems Team, this role will lead the Embedded System Validation Team in the validation planning and execution (DVPR) for electronic control units, and diagnostic systems. Your team will work with the vehicle product teams to ensure we have comprehensive validation plans for electronic control units and ensure traceability to requirements for multiple product families, their platforms, and derivatives. You will provide technical insight, steer strategic decision-making, and build/improve controller validation capability and competencies. You and your team will be instrumental in working with program management, control system engineers, suppliers and partners to ensure we complete validation deliverables on time.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage budget for Embedded System Validation team including equipment needs globally to support Systems and Validation Engineering teams.
- Lead efforts to improve validation by leveraging supplier validation plans where possible (proactively improving future agreements) and having better alignment with the Global Business Units (GBUs) to ensure there are comprehensive validation plans without overlap.
- Incorporate lessons learned into future controller validation plans based on incidents found during development and warranty or customer feedback.
- Works with the team to develop department strategy, product validation plans, and execution plans that align with the GEECS Strategy, GBU product requirements, and the needs of the organization.
- Leads the development of embedded controller validation-related competencies, processes, tools, training, industry standards, certification and regulatory requirements, etc. within engineering & cross-functionally; collaborates and influences cross-functionally as needed.
- Responsible for employee hiring, compensation recommendations, and discipline.
- Motivates, coaches, develops and directs employees (local and remote) to further organizational objectives and promote employee development.Focuses on integrating and steering a multi-cultural and multidisciplinary team.
- Develops, manages and controls departmental budget, resource plans, and project estimation & prioritization while serving the needs of multiple Global Business Units.
- Leads and promotes analysis led design activities and capability
development to enable continuously increasing efficiency in decision making earlier in the development process; collaborates
with ALD team.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's and/or master's degree in engineering required; Electrical, Mechatronics, Software Engineering preferred; MBA is a plus
- 5-10+ years of experience in a fast-paced product development environment including 3+ years of leadership experience required
- Experience with control systems/subsystems development and testing (including diagnostics and communications) required
- Familiarity with current and emerging vehicle controls technologies & major trends strongly preferred
- Experience with test equipment/methods, troubleshooting, risk management (project & technical including but not limited to HARA, DFMEA, DRBFM, DVPR, FuSa methodologies), etc. strongly preferred
- Excellent communication, critical thinking, negotiation, leadership, and influencing skills required
- Strong business acumen and understanding of corporate finance preferred
- Powersports riding experience (Motorcycle and/or
ORV) strongly preferred. Riding/driving experience with hybrids and/or EVs desired.
- Normal office working conditions.
- Some (domestic and international) travel required.
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to Think Outside. Apply today!
As the global leader in Powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2020 sales of $7.0 billion, Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments, and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Engineering Manager - Embedded Systems Validation
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Wyoming, Minnesota US