Distribution Department Leader
Location: Wilmington, Ohio US
Job Number: 5452
Requisition Number: R6657
At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to Think Outside.
In this role, you will be part of the Leadership team for a multi-brand Polaris' Parts, Garments and Accessories Distribution Center located in Wilmington, Ohio (Greater Cincinnati area). This role will have primary on-site operational responsibility for establishing value-stream goals and metrics, coordinating department activities and special projects, supervising staff in accordance with company policies and procedures, and maintaining effective employee relations. This role will manage and drive goals through their front-line leadership and front-line associate team to meet and exceed safety, delivery, quality and cost goals while adhering to the company's values. In addition, this role will identify and lead the implementation of continuous improvement projects across the DC and manage communication to various correspondence including; corporate staff and sales reps.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Establish goals and strategy for your specific value stream or shift and drive alignment through your team to meet or exceed targets
- Overall accountability to value stream or shift's safety, quality, productivity and lean goals
- Define and manage departmental budget in the areas of labor (hours and cost), packaging, maintenance and other associated costs
- Direct staff in the development, analysis, and preparation of reports (e.g. Weekly employee productivity, quality and safety performance reports, departmental processes, etc.).
- Manage department activities and special projects to ensure efficiency and quality while exceeding daily order response and program goals.
- Partner with leadership team to drive changes and improvements to standard operating procedures, work instructions, and other documented training
- Support the ongoing efforts of Lean Management Operations within the facility, including reiterating a "6S" culture through ensuring the receiving docks are clean and organized
- Lead process improvement projects through the use of prescribed methodologies and tools
- Serve on committees and teams as department representative
- Maintain a professional and safe working environment by inspecting and scheduling maintenance, and ensuring that all office and warehouse equipment is properly accounted for and functioning properly
- Act as a subject matter expert (SME) of the facility's warehouse management system
- Directly lead, manage, coach, & develop your direct report leadership team in accordance with company policies and procedures
- Ensure you leadership team has the training, tools and support to effectively manage front-line associates
- Manage staffing levels for value stream or shift, partnering with Human resources to ensure current and future appropriate levels Provide ongoing mentorship, cross-training, and development in all areas of your department
- Conduct performance reviews and coaching for your leadership team and front-line associates
- Responsible for interviewing, selecting, and hiring warehouse associates in partnership with broader site leadership team
- Support and coach your direct report leadership team with employee relations and corrective action issues Communicate to all levels of the organization on topics of daily goals, performance feedback, departmental, organization and company initiatives
- Effectively communicate in an accurate and timely manner to both internal and external customers, including senior management
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
- Bachelor's/4-year degree required, preferably in Operations or Supply Chain Management, Engineering or other related field; Master's degree preferred
- 6+ years of progressive leadership experience required; previous experience in a warehouse or operations environment required
- Deep knowledge of distribution: logistics, fulfillment, operations, and facilities
- Strong track record of leading leaders; developing talent and empowering them to be successful
- Talented communicator, capable of communicating complex messages to different levels of an organization with proven results
- Proven experience as a change agent and ability to establish a strong culture around continuous improvement, safety, quality and delivery
- Ability to identify and understand complex issues, analyze and compare data, and draw conclusions as a result of analysis
- Successful examples of managing multiple projects and priorities
- Proven track record of high-end performance under pressure, addressing stressful situations in a manner that is professional, and measured
- Ability to utilize interpersonal skills to help build a cohesive team and facilitate the completion of team goals
- Experience reading, analyzing and interpreting regulations and procedures, and appropriately respond to common inquiries and grievances when interacting with employees
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office and other job-related applications
- Standard office and warehouse environment
- Some travel may be required (10%)
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to Think Outside. Apply today!
As the global leader in Powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2020 sales of $7.0 billion, Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments, and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Distribution Department Leader
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Wilmington, Ohio US