Test Cell Operator/Mechanic
Location: Roseau, Minnesota US
Job Number: 5470
Requisition Number: R6615
At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging
assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we
are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to Think Outside.
This position supports the Polaris Powertrain Validation process in the engine endurance labs. You will collaborate with a fast-paced team of experts to validate new powertrain technologies in the dynamometer/test lab. The daily tasks for this position include: performing stand set ups, engine preparation for dynamometer testing, engine instrumentation, light fabrication, engine dynamometer testing and documentation of test status and results.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Setup and update test engine hardware for dyno testing - instrument engine as specified.
- Setup and operate data acquisition and associated software.
- Disassemble and reassemble engines and other powertrain system hardware.
- Operate engine and CVT dynamometers.
- Maintain daily logs on all running engines and test components
- Responsible for the quality and integrity of data generated.
- Maintain a well-organized clean work area that meets OSHA requirements and 5S Methods.
- Update powertrain hardware on test vehicles as needed.
- Maintain inventory of parts needed for testing
- Maintain strict confidentiality.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE:
Critical Technical Skills/Knowledge
- 1-2 years of experience with high performance small engines, and motorcycle engines or similar powersports dealership experience is required.
- Attention to detail.
- Process oriented.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Excellent understanding of internal combustion engines, fuel systems, and CVT systems.
- Experience assembling, and disassembling engines.
- Thorough electrical and mechanical troubleshooting/diagnosing skillset.
Desirable Technical Skills/Knowledge
- Experience with vehicle electrical systems, wiring, reading schematics.
- Fabrication, machining, welding, soldering.
- Familiarity with comprehensive engine teardown inspections.
- Understanding of dynamometer testing.
Fast paced testing in a laboratory environment.
Working around machinery, vehicles, moving parts.
Willing to work weekends on short notice.
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to Think Outside. Apply today!
As the global leader in Powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2020 sales of $7.0 billion, Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments, and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Test Cell Operator/Mechanic
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Roseau, Minnesota US