Electrical Engineer-Connected Embedded Control Systems
Location: Wyoming, Minnesota US
Job Number: 5482
Requisition Number: R6806
At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging
assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we
are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to Think Outside.
As a Connected Embedded Control Systems Engineer in our Global Electrical, Embedded, & Connected Systems Team you will be a pivotal member of our team; leading the development and platforming of connected control units and components. This includes ECU and component hardware/software requirements, diagnostics, and communications. You will work with the vehicle product teams to integrate these subsystems and meet the needs of multiple vehicle product families, their platforms, derivatives, and accessories.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Work across connected eco-system and vehicle teams to understand and decompose vehicle system level requirements into embedded controller hardware and software requirements
- Interface with sourcing team and lead technical aspects of supplier selection
- Support validation team to develop, document, & execute controller, system, & vehicle-level validation plans/procedures for HW and SW including MIL/SIL/HIL simulation and/or bench/vehicle testing
- As applicable, work with the Cybersecurity team to develop secure architectures that continue to evolve as needed to ensure security as system complexity & threats evolve
- As applicable, ensure system design practices incorporate process improvements to align with Functional Safety goals/standards (May include leading/participating in Hazard Analysis and Risk Assessments (HARA), Design Failure Mode Effects Analysis (DFMEA), and Fault Tree Analysis (FTA), etc.)
- Maintains controller development project plans and/or supports projects engineers in doing so
- May perform calibration of certain controller diagnostics and communications features
- Leads platforming and road-mapping strategies for maximum efficiency and reuse
- Root cause analysis and troubleshooting
- Other duties as required. Some (domestic and international) travel required.
Education, Skills and Knowledge:
B.S. or higher in Engineering required; Electrical, Software, Computer or related desired
3+ years' experience in design and/or implementation of controls, especially related to vehicle controls/diagnostics/communication required
Experience drafting requirements and specifications for features or products
Experience with communication networks required; CAN, UDS, and J1939 preferred
Experience with connected vehicles architectures, telematics, over-the-air reflash, and IT backend/cloud-based systems desired
Embedded hardware, Bluetooth, and RF experience a plus
Excellent communication skills and ability to work across numerous cross-functional teams within organization
Experience with software and/or hardware V&V efforts
Experience with DFMEA, SFMEA, and Functional Safety strongly desired
Ability to work efficiently in a fast-paced development environment required
Experience in effective problem solving and troubleshooting methods required Experience in project management strongly preferred
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to Think Outside. Apply today!
As the global leader in Powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2020 sales of $7.0 billion, Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments, and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Electrical Engineer-Connected Embedded Control Systems
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Wyoming, Minnesota US