Location: Medina, Minnesota US
Job Number: 5488
Requisition Number: R6813
At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging
assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we
are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to Think Outside.
The Materials Analyst is a business partner to the Central Planning, Sourcing, SIOP and Operations teams. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, highlighting risks to key stakeholders related to supplier constraints that lead to Global Business Unit allocation determinations, analyzing and communicating shortage impacts and recovery timing, facilitating and leading discussions that require quick turnaround decisions, and developing tools that will support continuous improvement activity. This position reports directly to the Sr. Central Planning Manager.
- Highlight risks to cross-functional key stakeholders related to supplier constraints and escalate when appropriate
- Facilitate and communicate Global Business Unit allocation determinations
- Build out supplier shortage impact files, including charting out recovery timing
- Work with GBU's to understand risk to build/ship targets
- Lead discussions that require quick turnaround decisions
- Develop continuous improvement tools through automation that will drive efficiencies for the planning team
- Update or create standard work documents
- Monitor and analyze expedite data and provide recommendations for future planning
- Analyze inventory for opportunities to improve turns and identify excess
- Coordinate the disposition of inactive, excess and obsolete inventory
- Assist Central Planning team in resolving other issues and/or discrepancies
- Support other tasks as assigned.
Skills & Knowledge
- BA/BS degree required.
- 2-5 years of experience in purchasing, planning or materials
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to work effectively with a wide variety of people and functions
- Strong, quick decision making skills
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely to all levels of organization
- Must be able to manage multiple priorities efficiently in a fast paced environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including intercultural communication
- Organized and strong attention to detail
- Ability to synthesize large amount of data quickly and remain calm under pressure
- Must have current PC/Software proficiency including Microsoft Office and AS400
- Knowledge of MRP systems
- Alteryx and Power BI experience preferred.
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to Think Outside. Apply today!
As the global leader in Powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2020 sales of $7.0 billion, Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments, and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Materials Analyst
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Medina, Minnesota US