Location: Wyoming, Minnesota US
Job Number: 5490
Requisition Number: R6790
At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging
assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we
are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to Think Outside.
JOB SUMMARY: Responsible for leading the design process of Commercial related components and systems from concept to production in order to achieve the product objectives within a specified time.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
•Establishes a reasonable project development schedule from concept to production implementation in line with overall business requirements.
•Supports all design related component styling, purchasing and manufacturing issues with emphasis on quality, reliability, timely delivery, and cost.
•Determines ideal component manufacturing route to ensure overall design, performance, and cost conformance.
•Generates CAD models, detail drawings, and analysis required to support the above and supervises their release through the release cycle.
•Creates component or system design requirements and specifications.
•Prepares preliminary sketches and/or schematic diagrams and/or presentations to aid in the understanding and solution of engineering problems.
•Coordinates design reviews on projects to ensure adequate cross functional input and involvement from all interested groups.
•Analyzes field problems and recommends possible solutions.
•Performs other miscellaneous project related assignments.
• Supports current production, warranty and continuous improvement needs thru design.
• Assists in the development and execution of validation plans on a component, system and vehicle level.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE SKILLS &KNOWLEDGE
• Required-B.S.M.E. in Mechanical Engineering, Agricultural Engineering, or equivalent degree
• 3+ years related design experience
• Preferred experience with a 3-D CAD modeling package such as CREO
• Creation of original system requirements and specifications
• GD&T, FMEA, dimensional tolerance stack-ups
• Strong technical knowledge as demonstrated by academic experience and practical experience
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Quick learner with high level of ambition and drive
• Strong people skills, able to work in a fast paced team environment
• Ability to work with domestic and international technology partners
• Microsoft software including Excel, Project, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint
• Fast paced office environment
• Travel as needed (Up to 20%)
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to Think Outside. Apply today!
As the global leader in Powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2020 sales of $7.0 billion, Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments, and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Design Engineer
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Wyoming, Minnesota US