Sr. Firmware Engineer
Location: Battle Ground, Washington US
Job Number: 5491
Requisition Number: R6826
At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging
assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we
are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to Think Outside.
Polaris, a global powersports leader, is looking fora software engineer with experience in the firmware engineering challenges found in delivering in-vehicle embedded products. This is an exciting position on a team building world-class IVI and gauges for power sports vehicles. As a technicalcontributoron the team, you will have the ability and empowerment to make changes and move quickly. The ideal candidate is effective in a fast-paced Agile development environment, pushing industry best practices and system maturity. Interest in powersports is a plus, as there are many opportunities to ride!
- BS in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical engineering or related field and 5 years of relevant experience, or MS in a related field and 2-years of relevant experience.
- Minimum of 2 years embedded software development.
- Strong C programming and debugging skills (C++ preferred).
- Experience implementing Linux applications and daemons.
- Comfort using desktop Linux and open source tools for day-to-day development.
- Ability to quickly learn and apply new skills with minimal supervision.
Skills and Knowledge:
- Understanding of vehicle navigation and/or infotainment systems.
- Familiarity with Qt/QML GUI development.
- Python and robot framework for embedded firmware testing
- Linux kernel development
- Embedded RTOS experience
- D-Bus bindings in C or C++
- Protocols: 802.11, SDIO, J-1939
- Busses: D-Bus, I2C, SPI, CAN
- Open source project familiarity: Qt 5 / QML, embedded Yocto, BusyBox, systemd
- Familiarity with electrical design and troubleshooting.
- Ability to use test equipment/utilities: oscilloscope, digital multi-meter, Wireshark, etc.
- Other duties as assigned.
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to Think Outside. Apply today!
As the global leader in Powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2020 sales of $7.0 billion, Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments, and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
City: Battle Ground
Community / Marketing Title: Sr. Firmware Engineer
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Battle Ground, Washington US