Quality Engineer (Powertrain Projects)
Location: Apodaca, Nuevo Leon MX
Job Number: 5508
Requisition Number: R6905
At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to Think Outside.
Leads, directs and monitors design and development programs from concept to production to achieve product objectives within a specified time schedule in addition to performing job duties within the Quality and Safety PT group.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Lead cross-functional program teams to meet project schedule, cost, quality, durability, performance and reliability requirements. Responsible for the overall success of the program.
2. Direct the program using the Polaris Development Process (PDP), ensuring that all requirements are clearly defined, documented, and achieved.
3. Manage the assigned team to develop new product features, innovative approaches, breakthrough technologies, and improved processes. Collaborate with suppliers to use their design expertise where appropriate.
4. Monitor and manage the manufacturing, quality, and purchasing resources and activities on the team, to provide seamless coordination and issue resolution between all team members. Support accessory and service part planning and execution.
5. Participate in field development testing as required; analyzes field problems and recommends possible solutions.
6. Allocate and monitor resources and task assignments within the team. Coordinate issue resolution with functional managers.
7. Motivate the entire team and others affecting the program's success.
8. Assist functional managers to plan budgets and manpower forecasts.
9. Performs specific data analysis activities in support of Quality/Safety initiatives.
10. Supports investigation of warranty claims as well as manufacturing and engineering quality issues. May be responsible for developing interim plans and supporting the larger problem-solving efforts with the broader team.
11. Other duties as assigned.
Skills, Knowledge & Education:
1. BS Engineering Degree or other tech degree required.
2. Two or more years of program leadership or engineering project/design leadership experience. Technical- mechanical system background required.
3. Strong leadership skills and ability. Outstanding oral and written communication skills.
4. Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to influence others. Demonstrated ability to form business inter-relationships with supporting managers, leaders, and staff.
5. Decisive and prone to action. Must be Quality-oriented and customer focused.
6. Excellent project planning, organizing, and administrative skills. Understands how program objectives, tools, and resources relate cross-functionally.
7. Ability to work under pressure and maintain a positive attitude.
8. Sincere desire to exceed customers' expectations.
9. Ability to work autonomously and execute to developed goals.
10. Ability to travel to other Polaris manufacturing sites.
11. English Skills with a Proficient Level
Fast paced, autonomous office / manufacturing environment.
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to Think Outside. Apply today!
As the global leader in Powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2020 sales of $7.0 billion, Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments, and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
State: Nuevo Leon
Community / Marketing Title: Quality Engineer (Powertrain Projects)
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Apodaca, Nuevo Leon MX