Vehicle Architect - RZR
Location: Wyoming, Minnesota US
Job Number: 5509
Requisition Number: R6863
At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging
assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we
are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to Think Outside.
The Vehicle Architecture Engineer helps establish and oversee the technical deliverables for a vehicle or vehicle platform. This includes supporting KPC setting for the vehicle, ensuring the architecture supports delivering the KPC and Level 2 Specifications, and supporting the necessary technical tradeoffs through development of the project. The Vehicle Architect also balances the tactical trade-offs and problem solving with the long term strategic thinking for future platforming that meets long term business objectives
- Engineering position with growth potential for high-achieving, highly motivated individual. The Vehicle Architecture team is developing the next generation of Polaris ORV's and new concepts and innovation ideas.
- Establishment of all specifications and KPC's for the vehicle: interior/occupant package targets (including driver accommodation, roominess, exterior visibility, ease of ingress & egress, interior stowage and cargo space), and overall vehicle mechanical package targets (including exterior dimensions, wheel and tire sizing and clearances, suspension, driveline integration and definition, ground clearance)
- Develop and communication the technology plan for the vehicle platform and sub systems technology insertion plan.
- Communication of targets by developing and cascading 3D CAD zones, and working with the ID and component engineers as the vehicle design progresses to ensure targets are met. Applies System Engineering discipline to develop system and subsystem targets.
- Facilitates technical trade-offs between Systems/Component engineers, ID, and Product Management while protecting the customer facing KPC's.
- Lead technical resolution of cross functional issues in the early phase to ensure the correct balance of customer requirements and business needs. Ensures design integration and geometric compatibility with mechanical and occupant package objectives
- Identification of vehicle package target and geometric compatibility issues, and development of solution alternatives considering trade-offs (quality, function, weight, cost, assembly feasibility, etc.)
- Analysis of customer satisfaction and quality data for internal and competitive products. Takes a proactive, leadership role by acting as a customer advocate and technical 'referee' for cross functional attribute, design and vehicle packaging efforts
- Benchmarking of competitive vehicles
- Performs and/or coordinates packaging trade studies to meet or define vehicle integration requirements
- Interacts effectively across the organization: program management, customers, component engineering, design, manufacturing, and senior management.
Skills, Knowledge & Education:
- BS or MS in engineering
- Passion for engineering and product excellence
- Proven ability to progress mechanical design solutions for complex systems
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills
- Knowledge of all phases of Product Development
- Overall vehicle, attribute, and functional hardware knowledge
- Testing and/or Drive Evaluation experience
- Manufacturing and assembly plant experience
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to Think Outside. Apply today!
As the global leader in Powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2020 sales of $7.0 billion, Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments, and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Vehicle Architect - RZR
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Wyoming, Minnesota US