Powertrain Project Leader - Continuous Improvement
Location: Wyoming, Minnesota US
Job Number: 5518
Requisition Number: R6919
At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging
assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we
are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to Think Outside.
The Powertrain (PT) Product Quality and Safety team is responsible for continual improvement of product and processes. The primary focus of this position is to lead multiple issue resolution teams through root cause and corrective action. This Project Leader role will be the conduit from the issue resolution team to all stakeholders throughout Polaris.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Leads cross functional PT issue resolution teams
- Communicates project status to all PT and business units (BU) stakeholders
- Evaluates PT Quality metric progress & recommends changes in procedures to meet corporate objectives
- Partner with the PT continuous improvement engineering team to prioritize issues
- Develops processes and procedures for internal continuous improvement planning and implementation
- Drives continuous improvement from root cause analysis to resolution
- Regularly interacts with Product, Plant Quality, Corporate Quality and Central Engineering teams to understand what the top product improvement opportunities are.
- Allocate and monitor resources and task assignments within the team. Coordinate issue resolution with functional managers.
- Motivate the entire team and others affecting the program's success.
- Own and track project and program finances including labor tooling and expenses. Assist functional managers to plan budgets and manpower forecasts.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE:
- BS Engineering Degree required
- Strong problem-solving, communication & ability to influence required.
- 5 or more years of program leadership, project management or engineering project/design leadership experience, in similar industry. Strong technical background.
- Strong leadership skills and ability. Outstanding oral and written communication skills. Comfortable presenting to and interacting with senior leadership and executives.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to influence others.
- Demonstrated ability to form business inter-relationships with supporting managers, leaders, and staff. Decisive and prone to action. Must be Quality-oriented and customer focused.
- Excellent project planning, organizing, and administrative skills. Understands how program objectives, tools, and resources relate cross-functionally.
- Riding experience and/or interest in Recreational Vehicles.
- Ability to work under pressure and maintain a positive attitude.
- Sincere desire to exceed customers' expectations.
- Engineering and office environment conditions.
- Infrequent travel on occasion and according to needs of business as project(s) dictate
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to Think Outside. Apply today!
As the global leader in Powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2020 sales of $7.0 billion, Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments, and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Powertrain Project Leader - Continuous Improvement
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Wyoming, Minnesota US