Environmental Specialist - EHS (Spirit Lake, IA)
Location: Spirit Lake, Iowa US
Job Number: 5519
Requisition Number: R6910
At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to Think Outside.
Primary focus is compliance with environmental rules and regulations applicable to the facility. This includes local, state and federal requirements regarding air emissions, process water and storm water discharges, waste generation and disposal, spill response and reporting, hazardous material emergency response, storage tanks. Leads site initiatives to implement the Polaris Environmental Policy and works with corporate staff to promote cross-site consistency on facility environmental programs. Additional responsibilities include performing health and safety related functions.
- Ensures compliance with hazardous waste laws and monitors the waste removal process
- Ensures periodic monitoring / sampling of materials as required by environmental laws and permits (i.e. emissions testing, water discharge sampling, solid waste profile sampling, etc.)
- Prepares and ensures required environmental permit applications and reports are submitted to the regulatory agencies
- Maintains required environmental plans for the facility
- Oversees environmental, health & safety inspections involving regulatory agencies and internal audits
- Reviews capital projects to assure compliance with environmental requirements
- Conducts employee training on EHS programs (e.g., waste handling, stormwater, spill prevention, emergency response, hazcom, waste minimization, pollution prevention, confined space, LOTO, hotworks, elevated work, respirator protection, etc.)
- Provides technical assistance to plant personnel on environmental, health and safety issues
- Leads site initiatives to implement the Polaris Environmental, Heal & Safety Policy
- Works with corporate staff to promote cross-site consistency regarding environmental, health and safety issues, goals and management systems at all Polaris operating locations
- Leads and documents new environmental, health and safety projects at the site
- Promotes recycling at the site and between all Polaris sites
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Four-year college degree required preferably with an environmental, biology or chemistry emphasis
- 3+ years previous experience with environmental focus
- Must have great communication, record keeping, and organizational skills
- Must be able to read and understand environmental, health & safety rules & regulations
- Must be able to gather information, analyze data, and complete government environmental reports
- Must be able to conduct effective employee training programs
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to Think Outside. Apply today!
As the global leader in Powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2020 sales of $7.0 billion, Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments, and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
City: Spirit Lake
Community / Marketing Title: Environmental Specialist - EHS (Spirit Lake, IA)
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Spirit Lake, Iowa US