DCC Project Assistant / Engineering Support
Location: Roseau, Minnesota US
Job Number: 5532
Requisition Number: R7030
At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging
assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we
are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to Think Outside.
As part of a central Engineering support team, provide governance over the release of Engineering drawings and the change management process for part attributes by adhering to standard processes to ensure high quality output. As a key role within the Polaris Release System (PRS) and Process, prioritize and execute work list and support requests to release drawings and make centrally-governed item changes accurately and timely in core systems. If you are task-oriented and enjoy independent work, then this is the position for you!
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Document Control Center (DCC): Provide excellent customer support to internal Engineering teams throughout the Product Development Process.
2. Responsible for timely release of Change Notice drawings attached in the Polaris Release System (PRS) and compare Change Notices to subsequent Change Tasks.
3. Perform maintenance of Item Master records per Change Notices and Requests.
4. Modify Engineering drawings in Creo to ensure compliance with Polaris Drawing Standards.
5. Maintain Item Master records, including, but not limited to item type, item descriptions, structure changes, and part supersessions.
6. Create centrally-governed model numbers, exception numbers, base numbers, dash numbers, internal process numbers, and paint codes for all product groups.
7. Responsible for maintaining confidentiality of all information deemed by the company as confidential.
8. Follow Standard Work Instructions to execute ongoing tasks, such as monthly metrics.
9. Perform other miscellaneous duties and team responsibilities as assigned.
10. Support other central engineering teams as needed by running reports, audits, and contacting customers
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & EDUCATION:
1. Two-year Associate's degree required, four-year Bachelor's degree preferred.
2. Minimum of three years of work experience required.
3. Highly organized, detail-oriented, and efficient in performing daily tasks.
4. Positive, can-do attitude. Willingness to step beyond job responsibilities to help customers and peers.
5. Good written and verbal communication skills.
6. Ability to work under pressure and prioritize tasks while maintaining the highest level of customer service and quality.
7. Work experience and knowledge with Engineering Drawings, Bill of Materials (BOMs), CAD / Creo, AS400, MAPICS / INFOR, and/or PTC Windchill preferred.
8. Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office Outlook, SharePoint, Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
9. Knowledge and passion for Polaris products preferred.
Very fast-paced, dynamic culture in an office environment.
This opportunity can be located in either Wyoming, MN or Roseau, MN. Wyoming, MN is located less than an hour north of the Twin Cities metropolitan area. Enjoy both the peace and quiet of a smaller community and the close convenience of a large city. The facility is located on over 600 acres adjacent to wildlife management land, allowing for private trails to validate our fun products. The Roseau, MN facility is just minutes from the Canadian Border, and sits just 20 minutes from renowned Lake of the Woods. Land of 10,000 lakes - an outdoor person's dream - fishing, hunting, snowmobiling, 4-wheeling! Natural splendor and limitless outdoor adventures all within easy reach. Quiet safety and comfort of communities centered on family, friends and neighbors are found here. Local schools are some of the best around with opportunities for students to be involved and excel. Recognized as the leader in the Powersports industry, Polaris Industries is a fast growing, innovative, global organization. The people here at Polaris don't just create products - they are part of a lifestyle. It's the passion & execution of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do.
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to Think Outside. Apply today!
As the global leader in Powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2020 sales of $7.0 billion, Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments, and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: DCC Project Assistant / Engineering Support
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Roseau, Minnesota US